Door speaker problem

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
mx3monster

Door speaker problem

Post by mx3monster »

Ever since I first bought my mx-3 2 years ago, my passanger front door speaker has never worked...I followed the wiring as far as i could before i got lost in the fuse box. Does any one know of a wiring diagram for the door speakers? Is this a common promblem, or should i be checking for something else? Thanks
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It does not go into the fuse box. The speaker wiring goes from the speaker striaght into the radio wiring harness in the back of the radio. What you can do is just look at the colors of the wires at the speaker and then take the radio out. Look for those same colors. Cut them and run new wires into the door, then splice the new wire ot the speaker wire on the radio.
You could just need new speakers though if they are still stock.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Yeah, just grab a speaker that you know works and test it out
it'll save a lot of hassle
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
mx3monster

Post by mx3monster »

THanks alot, i thought it was odd i kept ending up at the fuse box i think I just got the colours mixed up wenI was tracing it back, Ill make sure I pull out the haress and look there
THanks

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”