looking for a head gasket

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mx3stylez

looking for a head gasket

Post by mx3stylez »

im building my klze this winter, and will be needing an aftermarket head gasket, but can't find one. hopefully someone can shed some light on this.
klze swap, wisco 8.5 comp pistons, pauter rods, act stage 3 clutch, lightened flywheel, UR racing pulley, flex-o-lite oil cooler, 2.5" custom exhaust with high flow cat, B&M short throw shifter, S&R cross drilled rotors, , B&G lowering springs, maxxim 17" gun metal rims, modded nissan injectors, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, areomotive afpr, msd 6a , magasquirt v3, and turboed
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

stock headgaskets can take a lot !!
my suggestion would be genuine MAZDA stock headgaskets.
They hold great for me. OR if you're scared it'll failed, get the arp headstud kit (well make them make one lol) and that's it

Other than that you're looking at a copper headgaskets, and heard bunch of theories about it such as you have to retorque the headbolts 15min after you started the car for the first time and you know what it means.
Second, for the best seal you have to get your block o-ringed, and that cost too.

your choice
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
mx3stylez

Post by mx3stylez »

thanks man. i hope the mazda head gaskets won't make me have to take out a loan. jk. i am glad to hear that stock bolts will do the job though. the only time i ever heard about aftermarket ones was the arp bb a while ago and they were crazy expensive.
klze swap, wisco 8.5 comp pistons, pauter rods, act stage 3 clutch, lightened flywheel, UR racing pulley, flex-o-lite oil cooler, 2.5" custom exhaust with high flow cat, B&M short throw shifter, S&R cross drilled rotors, , B&G lowering springs, maxxim 17" gun metal rims, modded nissan injectors, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, areomotive afpr, msd 6a , magasquirt v3, and turboed
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

mx3stylez wrote:thanks man. i hope the mazda head gaskets won't make me have to take out a loan. jk. i am glad to hear that stock bolts will do the job though. the only time i ever heard about aftermarket ones was the arp bb a while ago and they were crazy expensive.
yeah I remember the BB on probetalk. They were somewhere in the range of 600$ for the head and main studs.

I emails ARP about that kit and it's not listed over there so they sent me a form for custom studs to be filled.
I'll be taking my heads off soon and I'll take the measurements and MAYBE have some made for me.

The stock HG at mazda were 75$ each. (cad$)
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “Forced Induction”