klze running Centerforce Stage I anyone running?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

klze running Centerforce Stage I anyone running?

Post by Mnemonic »

just curious if anyone was running this clutch on there klze motor?

How does it feel? Any slipping at all?
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

i'm running the centerforce dual friction with the klze and it seems to grab nice. it doesn't let off as fast as say a clutchmasters but it has a tight but almost stock feel to it. nice for a daily driver.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I bought a PGT Centerforce Stage 1 an I havent put it in yet as I have no motor, but it will be sufficient for the ze's Torque and HP ans it is supposed to handle 30+% over stock DE, so it should be ok.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Brian,

I think Chanko and/or Chris may have the Centerforce as well.

I say just go with the SPEC Clutch, my man!
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

atlantamx3 wrote:Brian,

I think Chanko and/or Chris may have the Centerforce as well.

I say just go with the SPEC Clutch, my man!

Chanko might be but i know chris is running the Clutchmaster Stage IIR as thats the same one i was running cause we were talking about how it feels pritty near stock.

I would of went spec option BUT time frame and $$$ are always a problem so i had to go centerforce, i know the clutch will work fine as people are running excedy clutches with there ze swaps and they seem to be handling pritty decent so this time i just need to make sure i adjust the clutch pedal height to make sure the clutch fully engages and disengages
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

The pressure plate design on those centerforces are pretty sweet, I can snap some pics of the clutch and pressure plate and post them later if you want... The damn thing didnt come with a alignmetn tool, pilot or throwout bearing though..
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

I hate to resurrect an old post, but I'm curious. I've seen clutches labelled as mx6/mx3 and then clutches labelled as mx3. Can I use a clutch that is meant for an mx6 in my mx3? I was told that the mx6 and mx3 flywheels are interchangeable, so I thought the mx6 clutch is probably the same size, right?
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

I had a CF/DF clutch but as I found out the hard way they have a problem with the weights on the diaphragm fingers breaking off and becoming flying shrapnel inside the bellhousing. Damaged the input shaft, throw out fork and clutch disc. The standard CF clutches should be as bad as they don't have weight on the fingers to increase clamping force.
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

I don't think there is anything special about the pressure plate. The ones I seen just look to be a resprayed Dakin (Korean made OE) pressure plate. Even the DF just seemed to be a Dakin with weights on the diaphrgm fingers held together with a steel hoop.
solo_ryder wrote:The pressure plate design on those centerforces are pretty sweet, I can snap some pics of the clutch and pressure plate and post them later if you want... The damn thing didnt come with a alignmetn tool, pilot or throwout bearing though..
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Teqnyck wrote:I hate to resurrect an old post, but I'm curious. I've seen clutches labelled as mx6/mx3 and then clutches labelled as mx3. Can I use a clutch that is meant for an mx6 in my mx3? I was told that the mx6 and mx3 flywheels are interchangeable, so I thought the mx6 clutch is probably the same size, right?
No. A true MX3 clutch is 10mm smaller diameter. But the K8 flywheel has enough surface area to accomodate the larger MX6 clutch.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Teqnyck wrote:I hate to resurrect an old post, but I'm curious. I've seen clutches labelled as mx6/mx3 and then clutches labelled as mx3. Can I use a clutch that is meant for an mx6 in my mx3? I was told that the mx6 and mx3 flywheels are interchangeable, so I thought the mx6 clutch is probably the same size, right?
I'm currently using an MX6 clutch with MX3 tranny and flywheel on a ZE. Engaging point changed (sooner) when it was put in but I attribute that to the difference from the original oem one that had 260,000km's on it.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

So, are the mx6 and mx3 flywheels different, size wise? I have always been told that they were exactly the same.
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Yoda wrote:I don't think there is anything special about the pressure plate. The ones I seen just look to be a resprayed Dakin (Korean made OE) pressure plate. Even the DF just seemed to be a Dakin with weights on the diaphrgm fingers held together with a steel hoop.
solo_ryder wrote:The pressure plate design on those centerforces are pretty sweet, I can snap some pics of the clutch and pressure plate and post them later if you want... The damn thing didnt come with a alignmetn tool, pilot or throwout bearing though..

So would it be better vaughn if i were to use the pressure plate from my Stage II clutchmaster clutch?

vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

Yoda wrote:I had a CF/DF clutch but as I found out the hard way they have a problem with the weights on the diaphragm fingers breaking off and becoming flying shrapnel inside the bellhousing. Damaged the input shaft, throw out fork and clutch disc. The standard CF clutches should be as bad as they don't have weight on the fingers to increase clamping force.
mmm.... maybe i should worry about that.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yoda wrote:I had a CF/DF clutch but as I found out the hard way they have a problem with the weights on the diaphragm fingers breaking off and becoming flying shrapnel inside the bellhousing. Damaged the input shaft, throw out fork and clutch disc. The standard CF clutches should be as bad as they don't have weight on the fingers to increase clamping force.
The CF stage 1 also has the counterweights on the pressure plate fingers with the steel ring around it.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”