is this recal still in affect?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
nicksmx3

is this recal still in affect?

Post by nicksmx3 »

i got that problem with those stupid ancient retractible belts mine doesnt work alot of the time so....yea will i be able to get this fixed for free or is the recal over?
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

Mine kept stop working and then working again, i think there was a problem with some relay somewhere... but i dont think that is part of the recall. If it completely locks up (mine stopped halfway on both sides) and you can hear the motor trying to pull makes a clank noise than you can get the recall done I think.

Odd are they are going to give you a bunch of half asses answers and tell you their not going to do it. Im still trying to convince the local mazda shops that they are required to do it. :evil:

If you get a dealership to do it let me know where it was, your not tooo far away from me so maybe if you get someone to do it they'll do it for me. :wink:
1993 RS Teal
Aaron Sharpe

Post by Aaron Sharpe »

There is the stupid annoying buzzer that will go off with our seatbealts and mazda will not replace those. But if your seatbelt is binding up in the track or if anything is going on with the actual track, mazda will and have to replace that for free. Or seatbelt tracks have a lifetime warranty and beleive me I have had both of mine fixed, that was a recall and it is warrantied for life. Just take it in and tell them your seatbelt cable is binding up in the track and they will fix it. it took them half a day for my car.
1.6 sohc, Atlantice Blue Mettalic, lowered 1.6", custom intake, custom 2.5 cat back exhaust, carbon fiber hood, battery relocation, currently running 75 hp shot of ZEX smart nitrous. ZEX blue illuminite purge kit, Custom Fiberglassed Spoiler (Mzdspd Style), MOMO Steering Wheel, black leather racing seats, enkei 17" DM5 wheels, and some other s---.
I want TURBO. I have no money

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2045197
Aaron Sharpe

Post by Aaron Sharpe »

Print out the page MX-3.com offers about the binding of the seatbelts show them that the recall number and campain number, they cant argue and it is lifetime warrantied. Let us know what happens.
1.6 sohc, Atlantice Blue Mettalic, lowered 1.6", custom intake, custom 2.5 cat back exhaust, carbon fiber hood, battery relocation, currently running 75 hp shot of ZEX smart nitrous. ZEX blue illuminite purge kit, Custom Fiberglassed Spoiler (Mzdspd Style), MOMO Steering Wheel, black leather racing seats, enkei 17" DM5 wheels, and some other s---.

azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Aren't all safety devices lifetime warrenty?
Aaron Sharpe

Post by Aaron Sharpe »

Most are, except for the buzzer, because it doesnt actually interfere with the seatbelts operation.

nicksmx3

Post by nicksmx3 »

bah....

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”