(Very interesting question) Running Methanol on a V6?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

(Very interesting question) Running Methanol on a V6?

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

It is spelled “Methanol”, right?
Anyway, there are two people at this AutoZone I have talked to who say they Methanol injected their cars. One of them drives a 92 Mustang GT and the other drives some Camaro.
I don’t know anything about this methanol but supposebly it has helped them take a second off their 1/4mile times. They now run 12s and 13s now

They explained to me some other stuff like how they use their windshield wipe reservoir to store the fluid (scary) and how they had to make a custom intake and sometype of injector… pretty much like a carburetor?

Has anyone heard of the advantages of methanol?
How does it work with a engine?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

it is a little bit harder on the engine. it takes twice as much methanol as it does regular gas. so you would need larger injectors. yes it would improve the time, nascar runs methanol, but you are shortening the life of your engine.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

yup water injection is what it's called..it's a mix you spray intake the intake piping (kind of like nitrous) but it lowers the intake charge temperature a lot. lower temps = higher power

mostly used on F/I applications though since a turbo generates a lot of heat
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
ocshaman

Post by ocshaman »

P.S. I would not consider using this for an NA application unless you are lacking the octane to run HI CR or N2O. I can say that periodically introducing water/seafoam/whatever through a vacuum hose will help you idle you car a little better, and might help reduce ping if you have some.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”