//***v6 turbo kit in production...yes!!! for the mx-3***\\

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

oh forgot to say

I got a good friend of mine that will come to my place this sunday with his mig welder. Hopefully we can finish the piping sunday.
Once it's done, they are on there way to MMI. Then my part is done
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
FIMotorMX-3

Post by FIMotorMX-3 »

I'm glad to see that there is going to be a turbo set up. I'm still considering between the turbo or N/A. Quick question about ze internals. I know there is probably a bunch of topics on this but I figured I'd ask. ZE stock internals hold up to 6psi? Anything over you would need to get the $1000 kit from????? I forget the name of the company but basically for real boost (10+psi) a rebuild will need to be performed? Also call me a dumba$$ if you want but I kinda skipped to the end of the forum because it made me so happy in pants... I had to rush through it. The $1000 is for intercooler and piping alone. We still have to supply our own turbo and if so, what sizes are we able to install with this set up?
sold it to a friend.93 green MX-3 with ZE swap. KL36 ecu, modified carbon fiber intake from a civic hatch. Centerforce Dual Friction clutch from MX-6. black Konig Minuz wheels, Synthetic fluids, 3 gauge pillar pod with air/fuel, water temp and oil press. Autometer Shiftlight. B&M short shifter. 2.25 piping with a Greddy SP1 muffler, AWR urethane front motormount, pheno spacers, Intrax Springs, Mazdaspeed Sideskirts. The New Ride is a 2003 1.8t a4
check out myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D795345349

my cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2142324 UPDATED!!!! 08/28/06 newest pics
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

hey steve. if you want, i'm in ottawa and i have ac. if you need to check it out, let me know.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
FIMotorMX-3

Post by FIMotorMX-3 »

Hey I'm not in class now so I had time to go through the whole post. Sorry about the stupid questions, I just got too excited. I know the answers now so scratch my last post... Unless you wanna answer them again.

As for buying a turbo kit. I've said it in the past that I'm definately considering turbo. I was expecting to have to fabricate my own set up so this is a really nice surprise to find out that MMI is going through with the kit. Thanks BabyBlue for doing so much to make this possible. I just wish I had money now. I'm Going to college in Georgia and would be passing through NC on my way home to Jersey when I graduate. Wish I could afford to stop by MMI and pick up a kit on the way home. :cry: But if these kits will be available for a while, I'll definately be interested.... And if you need a Guinnea Pig car to test it on :wink: I'm only down in Savannah Ga right now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm also assuming that MMI will be distributing as well for us guys in the US. It's not going to be just Pakfieffer in Canada? I probably just butchered the spelling on them. Sorry if I did.
Last edited by FIMotorMX-3 on October 26th, 2005, 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sold it to a friend.93 green MX-3 with ZE swap. KL36 ecu, modified carbon fiber intake from a civic hatch. Centerforce Dual Friction clutch from MX-6. black Konig Minuz wheels, Synthetic fluids, 3 gauge pillar pod with air/fuel, water temp and oil press. Autometer Shiftlight. B&M short shifter. 2.25 piping with a Greddy SP1 muffler, AWR urethane front motormount, pheno spacers, Intrax Springs, Mazdaspeed Sideskirts. The New Ride is a 2003 1.8t a4
check out myspace:

my cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2142324 UPDATED!!!! 08/28/06 newest pics
FIMotorMX-3

Post by FIMotorMX-3 »

I'm also assuming that MMI will be distributing as well for us guys in the US. It's not going to be just Pakfieffer in Canada? I probably just butchered the spelling on them. Sorry if I did.
Last edited by FIMotorMX-3 on October 26th, 2005, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
check out myspace:

babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

contact one of them for your last question.

you know there's a edit button when you post ;)

ovendenk.: I may have to see your car, thanks for the offer, I'll let you know
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
havoc13

Post by havoc13 »

i m sitting around playing NFS Underground 2 and my civic in the game has a turbo now i m sitting around waiting to buy this so i can turbo my MX3 babyblue do u have an idea of a timeframe?
Always under construction
mx34u2nv

Post by mx34u2nv »

silly question, what size of turbo will the flange bolt up to. And maybe a list or link to the other parts i will require to make this work. If I can start collecting stray parts now, when the pipes come it will be a matter of assembly.
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

As it stands, there will be 3 options for this GB:

1- Pipes only
2- Complete kit ( 2.5L )
3- Complete Kit ( 1.8L )

The difference between # 2 & #3 is just the Turbo size.

For the 2.5 motors, I believe we are talking about a Garrett T3/T4OE turbo. The 1.8 will obviously use a smaller one which is still being figured out.
Last edited by EZ_4_FUN on October 29th, 2005, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

After doing some maths, I think a T3 60 trim would be a good choice for the 1.8L
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
mx34u2nv

Post by mx34u2nv »

complete kit for ze? YAAHHHH! All in.
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

if their is a complete kit....as in i unwrap it and can install it in that day with some buds without buying more parts......wow ...i would pay cash right now for it....please tell me this option is true?
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I don't know how complete the "complete turbo kit" will be but I'm sure other things will have to be bought/modded. i.e. cross member to be modded by you (requires welding) and fuel management (injectors, stand alone/fmu, etc.), push fans (mounted on other side of the rad)

You have to realize guys that you still will have some work to do and need mechanic skills AND the knowledge of what you are doing. Turbo cars needs to be taken care of regurlarly.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

babyblueMX3 wrote:I don't know how complete the "complete turbo kit" will be but I'm sure other things will have to be bought/modded. i.e. cross member to be modded by you (requires welding) and fuel management (injectors, stand alone/fmu, etc.), push fans (mounted on other side of the rad)

You have to realize guys that you still will have some work to do and need mechanic skills AND the knowledge of what you are doing. Turbo cars needs to be taken care of regurlarly.
of course, you need some fun out of it. a complete bolt on kit would be boring to instal and wouldn't give you an excuse to crack a beer at 10am. i love projects.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

vozaday2000 wrote:give you an excuse to crack a beer at 10am. i love projects.
you need an excuse? :lol: hehe Steve is so right. With a turbo car, there are so many things to know, so many more things to watch, and take care of.

Return to “Forced Induction”