Carbon Fiber Hood

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Carbon Fiber Hood

Post by GregoryChristian »

has anyone purchased a CF hood off ebay , if so how's the quality ?
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

I got one off eBay from a good guy and I liked it a lot. Took a few weeks to get it because when he got it had some faults in it so he sent it back and got a new one that was really cool. Hell I would sell you mine but mine has some damaged if you wanted it for like $150 bucks I would even throw in some locking hood pins. I still have it on my car right now.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
mr_icez

Post by mr_icez »

i did and the hood was ok but again i did but it for $100. it was just one side didnt go down all the way. I am trying to say is one side is higher then the fender.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

yah thats normal for a side to be higher than the other. thats why you have to adjust the hinges. to adjust them bending is involved. the Ebay hoods are ok. but i sent my first one back, due to poor quality. i still am not happy with the one i currently have. but im alot more anal about this stuff then most.
freakyalien

Post by freakyalien »

Legato626 wrote:I got one off eBay from a good guy and I liked it a lot. Took a few weeks to get it because when he got it had some faults in it so he sent it back and got a new one that was really cool. Hell I would sell you mine but mine has some damaged if you wanted it for like $150 bucks I would even throw in some locking hood pins. I still have it on my car right now.
Got some pics of it?
Vroooom
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Carbon fiber hood + fire = bad... mine cought on fire and the midle part warped.. water would go in the vent into the old distributor i had and cause it to miss ... my car hated the rain... i isbtalled my stock hood and notice the weight difference is not that much believe it or not.maybe a few 30 punds or so but. well... now my car can go into carwashes. Also next timke which i hope never..if it catches on fire.. fire wont feed off the hood. I do miss the look :O( im refibeglasing mine and turning it into a fiberglas hood and painting the color of the car...one day.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

hgallegos915 wrote:Carbon fiber hood + fire = bad... mine cought on fire and the midle part warped.. water would go in the vent into the old distributor i had and cause it to miss ... my car hated the rain... i isbtalled my stock hood and notice the weight difference is not that much believe it or not.maybe a few 30 punds or so but. well... now my car can go into carwashes. Also next timke which i hope never..if it catches on fire.. fire wont feed off the hood. I do miss the look :O( im refibeglasing mine and turning it into a fiberglas hood and painting the color of the car...one day.
Caught on fire4? What happened. Im sure it wasnt the hoods fault
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

no it wasnt eh hoods fault of course...but it did aid in fueling more to the flame and doesnt stand heat at all! the clear coat starts to flake after a couple of months (non garaged environment)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

ive got mine for sale if right offer comes up, real easy fix. will sell cheap too.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

mitmaks...how much shipped to 79927 ?
-hec

mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

not sure about shipping but anyone with serious intentions pm me with your offer
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Aaron Sharpe

Post by Aaron Sharpe »

I bought one off ebay awhile ago... One of the ones that was B+ grade, inverted scoop. I payed $100 for the hood and $250 for shipping, it fit great and it had its imperfections, but I got what i payed for.
1.6 sohc, Atlantice Blue Mettalic, lowered 1.6", custom intake, custom 2.5 cat back exhaust, carbon fiber hood, battery relocation, currently running 75 hp shot of ZEX smart nitrous. ZEX blue illuminite purge kit, Custom Fiberglassed Spoiler (Mzdspd Style), MOMO Steering Wheel, black leather racing seats, enkei 17" DM5 wheels, and some other s---.
I want TURBO. I have no money

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2045197

Return to “Appearance”