GIRL FRIEND IS STUPID!!!

Off-Topic Discussions
Legato626

GIRL FRIEND IS STUPID!!!

Post by Legato626 »

So this morning I had her go start the MX-3 to warm up. So 15 min's later I am just getting ready to go to work so I walk out and CLICK!!! the door is locked... my luck my spar key is broke.... (my driver side lock is screwed up it brakes keys) So I had to call my buddy that has a spar key to bring it over. But the stupid part is she was saying the car locked it self... THAT'S JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I didn't care just she didn't want to believe that she locked it. I can believe she did my mistake because the MX-3 locks are RIGHT NEXT TO THE DOOR OPENER!! But NO she just keeps going on that the car locked its self...
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

do you have keyless entry? I know when my car is in a bad mood it will lock itslef and set the alarm on me.
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

No i do not but i wish i had it. =)
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

She would have had to know she was locking the doors since you gotta hold the handle out to get the door to stay locked once you close it..
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Dont let your GF touch your car :laugh:
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Meep

Post by Meep »

Well if she was able to warm up the car, she had to of locked it. Cars just don't up and decide to lock themselves... especially, as Franko said, you have to hold the handle to lock the door.

My passenger door can't lock/unlock from the outside thanks to what was probably some jerk trying to break into the car. So, I know what you mean about faulty locks. I have a spare in my apt, one w/ my husband, and another on my duped key ring set in case my original breaks. But hey, if you can afford it, get keyless entry. Saves a lot of heartache and that's my next project after I get my car back from the body shop.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

Franko wrote:She would have had to know she was locking the doors since you gotta hold the handle out to get the door to stay locked once you close it..
I dont know about you but I've grown so used to doing that with my car that I'll do it even if the door is unlocked. Maybe she subconciously held the handle as if she were normall getting out of the car.

And I dont think its very fair to be calling your girlfriend stupid. She did you a favour by going out and starting your car. You should be grateful she did that. Maybe things like this wouldnt happened if you did it yourself.
neutral
Supporting Member

Re: GIRL FRIEND IS STUPID!!!

Post by neutral »

But... is she cute?
Legato626 wrote:So this morning I had her go start the MX-3 to warm up. So 15 min's later I am just getting ready to go to work so I walk out and CLICK!!! the door is locked... my luck my spar key is broke.... (my driver side lock is screwed up it brakes keys) So I had to call my buddy that has a spar key to bring it over. But the stupid part is she was saying the car locked it self... THAT'S JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I didn't care just she didn't want to believe that she locked it. I can believe she did my mistake because the MX-3 locks are RIGHT NEXT TO THE DOOR OPENER!! But NO she just keeps going on that the car locked its self...
Image -Jim
Franko
Supporting Member

Re: GIRL FRIEND IS STUPID!!!

Post by Franko »

neutral wrote:But... is she cute?
Legato626 wrote:So this morning I had her go start the MX-3 to warm up. So 15 min's later I am just getting ready to go to work so I walk out and CLICK!!! the door is locked... my luck my spar key is broke.... (my driver side lock is screwed up it brakes keys) So I had to call my buddy that has a spar key to bring it over. But the stupid part is she was saying the car locked it self... THAT'S JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I didn't care just she didn't want to believe that she locked it. I can believe she did my mistake because the MX-3 locks are RIGHT NEXT TO THE DOOR OPENER!! But NO she just keeps going on that the car locked its self...
Thats a vaild question!
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

hmmmm i dont no about you but my 1994 does not have that option.. when i sit here and think about it my buddies 1994 miata you have to do that but mine you do not have to do that. Either side you lock it inside you shut the door ITS LOCKED!! So i do not have to lift up. Any one else have that with there 94?
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

i have it on my driver side on my 95...... and yah ive locked my keys in my car plenty of times. all i need is 2 screw drivers and a clothes hanger and im in within 2 minutres. 8)
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

is it GS with power locks? it actually happened to me few times...car is running, i shut the door (while im outside) and it locks the locks if i try to open it
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
bulaian

Post by bulaian »

this doesn't apply the the GF situation but with the door locks, mine did that ALL the time before, because that shield over the keyhole was broken from the previous owner.

I fixed it by spraying in a shitload of wd40 into it, then shoving in and taking out the key and bunch of times and locking/unlocking it a few times

unfortunately for the next day or so you'll have wd40 on your keys

it works really well though.
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

i have a 94 and i have to lift the handles. but mine has that kinda power lock, you move the drivers lock to lock or unlock the passengers also. if i turn the key on the outside to unlock the drivers, the passengers also unlocks.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

ccreech

Post by ccreech »

johnnyb wrote:[quote=
And I dont think its very fair to be calling your girlfriend stupid. She did you a favour by going out and starting your car. You should be grateful she did that. Maybe things like this wouldnt happened if you did it yourself.
Word Johnny B! What kind of a wuss sends a girl out into the cold to warm up his car? Be a gentleman and go warm up hers. Maybe she will warm you up that night... :lol: She probably did it on purpose so that you never ask her to do it again. LOL!
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain

Return to “Off-Topic”