Anyone have some potential leads?

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

In the event that my car does not sell, I will be taking it off the road and rebiulding it. COMPLETELY!

I will be looking for such items as the following...

Turbo 4 cyl, or Supercharged 6 engine for motor swap
Any place/person locally that could help me with doing this swap
Lambo door hinges(I know I can get the ones from ebay, but I want the ones that flip up 90 degrees, not 65)
A wing that is low and long, similar to a porche Turbo 911
place for replacement carpet(mine has a couple small rips)
Affordable 19" wheels and tires

There are a few more things that I am going to be doing, But I want to surprize a few people :)

I figure this will be a non-stop, 2 year project so any help in the future would be greatly apprieciated

Thanks,

Will
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

Pakfeifer has a drift spoiler. It looks similar to the GS factory spoiler but extends past the rear of the car $400 CDN.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
What

Post by What »

the BP swap will leave tons of room to put in big intercooler, turbo and the rest. I imagine they are cheaper to pick up then a KLZE, cheaper to install, and adding turbos is simpler. Also capable of more than enough power to keep you happy.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

What wrote:the BP swap will leave tons of room to put in big intercooler, turbo and the rest. I imagine they are cheaper to pick up then a KLZE, cheaper to install, and adding turbos is simpler. Also capable of more than enough power to keep you happy.
Well that probably depends on what you are more familiar with. I think the KLZE is quite simple to swap but at the same token, I think you have way more potential with the BP swap as far as forced induction. The KLZE is a pain to turbo or supercharge mainly due to high compression and lack of room available. I think if I were to start over with another MX-3, I would try a Turbo 4 cyl.

Now all you have to do is get some local BC guys to help you out and give you input on where to go :lol:
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

BP all the way.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”