Hurricanes.....Here we go again

Off-Topic Discussions
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

So happy I left Mississippi 5 years ago....Washington usually doesn't get those damn things . . . ok, they never have gotten one :D . But I feel ya, went through four of them while in MS....
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
GoT_DaT_Mx3_Se

Post by GoT_DaT_Mx3_Se »

ahhh that was nothin for me... come to find out, i was testing my new tires during the worst part. :wink: some people did get it pretty bad tho, hopefully everyone is ok.
.: Lara :.
.: Special Edition :.
.: Raspberry Metallic :.
.: 1993 Mazda MX-3 V6 :.
.: Check it out http://www.cardomain.com/id/mahmx3 :.
Meep

Post by Meep »

Luckily, we don't live down there although my husband is from nearby Biloxi. So, he always comments on any hurricanes down there seeing as his family is still there. I, however, have no experience with hurricanes save for the remnants of thunderstorms and the occassional tornados caused by them.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Gregory, Gotta revise the subject header for this post to "Katrina?" Hope you're outta the way. :shock:
Image -Jim
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

yeah, recently this area on the Gulf Coast seems like a magnet for intense Hurricanes :( guess this time we will have to ride out another one , maybe I will take my mx-3 to work and park it in the paint booth where she will be safe :)
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

Down here along the Gulf coast we like to give the Hurricane Name a nickname such as Ivan " the Terrible" and Dennis " the Menace" we have now have given the name " Catastrophic " Katrina to the current one :cry:
:shock: 175 MPH Sustained Winds and 215 MPH Gusts :shock:
Last edited by GregoryChristian on September 2nd, 2005, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meep

Post by Meep »

My husband is actually on his way there. His unit just told him to pack up his stuff to prepare to head out and set up communications.

He's kind of excited since he's from an area nearby Pascagoula and Biloxi. At least it'll give him a chance to check up on his grandmother.

Good luck to everyone down there. Hope everyone stays safe.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The insurance industry estimates over 10 billion in damages and sais it could be as high as 40 billion. (hugh gap in the numbers huh, insurance companies are such overactors)
At least the wind died down some before it made landfall. It went down to 140 MPH, like that is much less really, but better.
I hope everyone stays safe and leaves if they are near it's path.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Im waiting for it...
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

They were actually worried about some "tropical storm like" remains hitting MINNESOTA. This was before they figured the path would go farther east.

Thats absolutely nutty that it can go that far, and still have some punch left.

...I actually would've liked that... I love storms.
I'm the one who stands outside while a supercell is overhead.

I'd probably stick around for a hurricane too. Stupid as it may sound.

But I hope you all are okay, and that your cars are fine as well.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

GregoryChristian wrote:Down here along the Gulf coast we like to give the Hurricane Name a nickname such as Ivan " the Terrible" and Dennis " the Menace" we have now have given the name " Catastrophic " Katrina to the current one :cry:
Damn Gregory, hope you're ok. Your last post was on another thread within the hour of Katrina's eye coming onshore. That's a day and a half ago. Hope it's just the power out is all. That storm was/is a nightmare of that and worse for a few million residents. Post back soon, when ya can...
Image -Jim
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Hey.. be glad you dont live in a trailer house in kansas.. I know if I ever get the suicidal urge.. I'll just move there ;) Glad you and your ride are ok though.. cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

USA pissed God off somehow
florida and south east states have been gettn the crap beaten out
of em
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

neutral wrote:
GregoryChristian wrote:Down here along the Gulf coast we like to give the Hurricane Name a nickname such as Ivan " the Terrible" and Dennis " the Menace" we have now have given the name " Catastrophic " Katrina to the current one :cry:
Damn Gregory, hope you're ok. Your last post was on another thread within the hour of Katrina's eye coming onshore. That's a day and a half ago. Hope it's just the power out is all. That storm was/is a nightmare of that and worse for a few million residents. Post back soon, when ya can...
Tunes67 wrote:Hey.. be glad you dont live in a trailer house in kansas.. I know if I ever get the suicidal urge.. I'll just move there ;) Glad you and your ride are ok though.. cheersTunes67
Tunes, he didn't post yet that anything was ok. His "nickname" post above was posted a day before Katrina totally whacked the area. No word from Gregory since then...
Image -Jim
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Well that sux.. Hopefully he and his ride survived.. Likely he is one of the millions that dont have power :?

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “Off-Topic”