FS: JDM KL MX-6 MTX Tranny

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Slammed6

FS: JDM KL MX-6 MTX Tranny

Post by Slammed6 »

I have a tranny that i bought from a local shop its a tranny from Japan, it has approx 30,000 miles on it. I have purchased one from them before and the thing shifted soo smooth. This is still under warranty from where i bought it from. I'm only looking at getting $400 and i would not expect shipping to be more than $60 anywhere in the Continental US. Lemme know if anyone is interested.

This is for a 2.5/1.8 V-6 Mazda MX-6, MX-3 or Probe. Manual Transmission.

-Devin
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

would there be any advantage of this one over the stock tranny?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

It will most likley be LSD....Wish I had extra $$
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Actually not most likely, The Mx-6 had an OPTION for a LSD and thus it is still going to be rare, or at least more rare then the open diff model. Also if LSD you need a custom driver's side axle. I know I have the MX-6 with LSD and am having one made righ now. Problem is that the dirvers side circlip will not clip in to the tranny, the splined shaft on our axle is about 3/16 too short for the clip to make it to it's resting point in the diff.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

No this is just a regular open diff tranny.

There is no advantages from this tranny over your stock one, other than this one is very low miles and has a slightly longer final drive (4.11 Vs 4.38 ).
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Slammed6 wrote:No this is just a regular open diff tranny.
There is no advantages from this tranny over your stock one, other than this one is very low miles and has a slightly longer final drive (4.11 Vs 4.38 ).
So there's no real difference than to the NA-Spec MX6 tranny's other than it has lower mileage cause the gearing is the same for both. Are you willing to ship to Canada K0K 2C0? Thanks,
John

Are you also on Probetalk?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

No, a US tranny and a J-Spec tranny are identicle. They have the same gearing, just your chances of finding a US tranny with 30,000 miles is probably very very rare.

I have never shipped a tranny to Canada, but i will let you know ASAP when i get a quote.

Yes i am on probetalk.com quite often, i am also on Mx6.com too.
Slammed6 on probetalk.com
SlammedSix on Mx6.com

Check out all my feedbacks and i have been around for quite some time now on those site.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

sorry for the delay...i checked shipping to canada and it shows $72.50 through UPS.com. So anyone interested??

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”