Aug 20th - Mini Meet & SCC (Calgary)

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

I believe that anyone in the show would have to get there at 4:00pm. Wel should probably all get there in a group so that were all together. I've got to really clean my car. I've got 100 lbs of mud on my car that would really slow me down on the track. :lol: Looks like it's going to be a pretty good turnout. I gotta remember to where my MX-West shirt this time. It's a good way to get the name out there at events like this. See you all at the Cactus Club!
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
What

Post by What »

super clutch in, smoke problem creatively fixed, in testing the car starting to perform nicely, but.... I noticed an ever so faint leak from the modified fuel rail (not modified by me), so I'm grounded as there is not an easy way for me to fix that safely. The joys of sorting through the details. I hope the runs go well for everybody, I'll try to pop down just to see a few cars race.
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Hey guys. Hoping to still make it out there somehow. I am working tomorrow, but I dont really know when I'll be off, so I guess it's up in the air. TOo bad you guys aren't meeting up for supper or something :)
I'll give someone a shout when I get off and see what the dealio is.
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

I should beaable to make the meet most likely.
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
What

Post by What »

So what kind of times were in group A, B, C?
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

I have no idea. I was stuck racing stupidly fast 12 second cars all night. Didn't even seem like they were grouping it. Maybe they just work out the points later.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

What

Post by What »

That sounds extremely gay... that isn't how it used to be done, or should be done. I wish I would have went down to see how it was unorganized myself.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Yeah the SCC wasn't very organized at all this year. Even the announcer in the tower didn't have a clue what he was talking about. I think out of the whole night, I won 2 races. The other 8 losses were against 12 - 14 second cars. I was very dissapointed in my car. My fastest time was 16.1 seconds. That amounts to only 15.42 at sea-level if you take into account Race City's 3363ft elevation.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Bling Bling

Aug 20th - Mini Meet Reminder & SCC (Calgary

Post by Bling Bling »

PROPS UP!! Not bad James.... and Mark .... welcome to the under 17 club ... hehehe.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

I'll have to get everyone's pictures and video together to make an events page for this. I'm sure Stacy has all the show and shine pictures under control. There's no shortage of drag and drift footage either.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

What

Post by What »

wyldside wrote:Yeah the SCC wasn't very organized at all this year. Even the announcer in the tower didn't have a clue what he was talking about. I think out of the whole night, I won 2 races. The other 8 losses were against 12 - 14 second cars. I was very dissapointed in my car. My fastest time was 16.1 seconds. That amounts to only 15.42 at sea-level if you take into account Race City's 3363ft elevation.
I'm pretty surprised at the amount of quick cars that made it out by the sounds of it. I still can't really find any times from throughout the day, but oh well... I should have went and watched I guess. :)

You should keep track of the weather from http://www.wx.ca when you guys go out as well and correct for pressure/temp. I have the one from the Secret Street time somewhere on my computer. I wouldn't feel too bad about the times, I've seen some stock turbo talons run in the 16s at Race-City.

Maybe the dyno would be worthwhile to see if it is making the power it should be. Might be able to make some changes to add a little power as well, however you'll probably need forced induction of sorts from here to really bring hte power up and the times down. I have a wet nitrous kit from my friends old Swift that I will probably end up selling for a good price. It is a NOS kit with the bigger solenoids that flow enough for the big v8s.

For a dyno day, I have a few Swift guys that want to get some numbers on their cars as well... I don't know if just the MX-3 club would be big enough to get Reg to do a day, but if you want to do a combination Swift/Mx-3 I could try to set it up. It ends up being a whack of work for me as I sweat my bag off hooking the cars up to make a few runs each, but it should be cheaper for anyone wanting to do a run.
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

That sounds good. Count me in whenever (almost) if you need a minimum turnout.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

I seriously would, but I doubt that I can afford the cost right now. There are a crap load of parts that I still need to replace on my car. Pretty much everything that the engine is attached to (driveshafts, engine mounts, bushings, shocks & springs, etc...).
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Oh and my best 1/4mi time from SCC was 16.107 @ 86 MPH.

I plugged my car's specs into my car simulator and it's telling me that with Calgary's elevation and average pressure, I should be doing 15.0 @ 95MPH (152km/h) but that's also with good mounts and bushings which I don't have. Top speed of 233km/h but I've only ever taken it to 225km/h. Very Dangerous without a tuned suspension.

Marks car is currently capable of doing around 17.4 @ 82MPH (130km/h) under best conditions. Top Speed of 196km/h. Easily improved with intake and exhaust upgrades.

Darcy's car is capable of doing around 17.0 @ 83MPH (133km/h) under best conditions but I could be wrong since I'm using his stock gear ratios. It must be off a little since it's only show his top speed of 190km/h.

I find this program is usually quite accurate. It's a neat way to see the effects of adjusting things like wheels, gear ratios, launch rpm, HP/Torque, weight, etc. It's called "Car Test 4.5" All the above readings are taking into account 3609 ft above sea level.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Damn, I just talked to Stacy and he says that he didn't have his camera with him at the SCC. Did anyone else get pictures or video of the Show-off competition. I don't want to make an events page with only drag stuff. That wouldn't be any fun.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”