KL31 TB on Millenia IM. Is it possible? Is it reasonable?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3ze

KL31 TB on Millenia IM. Is it possible? Is it reasonable?

Post by mx3ze »

I have KL-ZE with Millenia IM, KL31 ECU and JE50 VAF. Should I buy KL68/KL47 TB or buy/make extension/mount mod for KL31 TB :?:
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

i had a CZT 67-70mm TB on my Straight neck ZE, and i sold it cause i could not use it on my ZE in my MX-3 with a millenia manifold.

But getting them bored is pretty cheap i was gonna have another TB bored for me that is made to fit the millenia manifold
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: KL31 TB on Millenia IM. Is it possible? Is it reasonable

Post by jschrauwen »

mx3ze wrote:I have KL-ZE with Millenia IM, KL31 ECU and JE50 VAF. Should I buy KL68/KL47 TB or buy/make extension/mount mod for KL31 TB :?:
Get the Kl68 first and if not available get the Kl47.
Slammed6 wrote:i had a CZT 67-70mm TB on my Straight neck ZE, and i sold it cause i could not use it on my ZE in my MX-3 with a millenia manifold.
That's probably because the CZT was bored from a KL31 or KL03 TB to begin with and had the IAC mounted on the left side. Any TB with the IAC on the left is going to come in contact (the IAC that is ) with the thermostat housing. Spacers required to eliminate that may not be a prudent move. Hence the need for a KL68 or Kl47 TB which conversely, has the IAC on the right.
Slammed6 wrote:But getting them bored is pretty cheap i was gonna have another TB bored for me that is made to fit the millenia manifold
I've been trying for some time on PT to get my KL68 bored but it seems the person or people that do it aren't available or don't do it any longer.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

That's probably because the CZT was bored from a KL31 or KL03 TB to begin with and had the IAC mounted on the left side. Any TB with the IAC on the left is going to come in contact (the IAC that is ) with the thermostat housing. Spacers required to eliminate that may not be a prudent move. Hence the need for a KL68 or Kl47 TB which conversely, has the IAC on the right.
Yeah i knew that before i did the swap i was just letting him know you couldn't use it..lol. maybe i should have explained better...haha
I've been trying for some time on PT to get my KL68 bored but it seems the person or people that do it aren't available or don't do it any longer.
Well i know a place that does them for relatively cheap...so i will let you know how well it all turns out...cause i am definately looking at getting another 67mm TB bored for my ZE
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Slammed6 wrote:
Well i know a place that does them for relatively cheap...so i will let you know how well it all turns out...cause i am definately looking at getting another 67mm TB bored for my ZE
Much appreciated, thanks, ..... hyjack over ... LOL
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

I have a 67mm tb bored by PMO in their BB, that i can not use, if the price is reasonable, i would like to get my MS8 TB done..

Let us know
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

If you already have a bored TB it's worthwhile to just have an exhaust shop make an extension so the IAC clears. It won't cost more than $50. Going thru getting another TB and boring it out would be more expensive than that.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

instead of tracking one down have your stock K8 one bored or use the K8 one while the KL one is being bored
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

I believe the K8 (55mm)TB cannot be bored to 67mm the walls are too thin.

And IIRC the kl's (60mm) canot be bored more than 67-68mm for the same reason.

As for the extension.....been talked about many times but noone has ever attempted it, and if they have...never posted any positive info.

like i said to the last guy who mentioned this, "If you can fab one up, make 2 and i'll buy the second". :)
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I have had a 67-70mm TB it was a Straight neck ZE TB, so i know the Curve neck ZE tB can be bored the same.

But it looks like the K8 TB is the same, but it has that hump in the inside that is bigger and thats y it is a 55mm TB.

So i believe you could bore out the K8 TB the same as any K-Series TB. I could take pics if you guys want to understand what i am talking about.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”