Don't forget to lift the handle

Other - General Mazda Discussions
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Don't forget to lift the handle

Post by MX-3 Money »

So why did mazda decide to have our locks this way. Where you have to lift the handle to lock the door. I don't know if most mazdas are this way, but my buddies 87 rx-7 is like that too. Why did they do it like this?
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

its a security measure. so that there is less chance of you locking your keys in the car
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Agree and altho a PITA sometimes, it does work to remind a person that you are LOCKING THE DOOR - BETTER HAVE KEYS OUTSIDE THE CAR. :shock:
Image -Jim
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

Ya but i've looked my cars in the car before lol. I just hate waitng for my passenger to get out so I can lock the doors. Everyone I tell thats rides with me never remebers to lift the handle. Blast!
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Get power locks ;) Pretty cheap and you could get them at the same time you get door poppers and an alarm system.. heck if you want to get fancy.. you could even get remote start as well.. The cool part of power locks is.. its easier to lock the door after your passenger departs.. and.. if your passenger is of the female persuasion and cute.. and most importantly thinks the same about you.. well then locking the door BEFORE they get out might be fun too ;) Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

smooth tunes very smooth I will try that and see how it works LOL
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

My '90 626 requires that as well, but it has saved my butt a few times, I like that feature. As for locking them, I have remote entry with my alarm/remote starter, so I almost NEVER manually touch the locks, it locks when I set the alarm and unlocks when I disarm it, and I ALWAYS use my alarm, so I can't leave the keys in the car, since i use the remote for that. Even better is that the unit automatically locks the doors the first time you hit the brakes when the engine is running and the door was opened, and automatically unlocks the car when i turn off the engine, so the only time i actually manually touch the locks is to unlock the car to be able to get out with the engine running, but that's about it
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I needed to do that for my 92 Corolla, my 93 Celica, my 90 MPV, but not for my 02 Protege'.

Tunes ..... feeling a little randy,...... are we....? ...... :wink:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

jschrauwen wrote:Tunes ..... feeling a little randy,...... are we....? ...... :wink:
I REALLY don't care to hear about Tunes feeling his "little Randy..."

LOL

:shock:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

atlantamx3 wrote:
jschrauwen wrote:Tunes ..... feeling a little randy,...... are we....? ...... :wink:
I REALLY don't care to hear about Tunes feeling his "little Randy..."

LOL

! :laugh: :rant2:
Image -Jim
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

neutral wrote:
atlantamx3 wrote:
I REALLY don't care to hear about Tunes feeling his "little Randy..."LOL
:oops:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

jschrauwen wrote:
neutral wrote:
atlantamx3 wrote: I REALLY don't care to hear about Tunes feeling his "little Randy..."LOL
Oh no... :lol: :lol: :cry:

Perry "there will be no little randy feeling on MX-3.com"
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

PATDIESEL wrote:
jschrauwen wrote:
neutral wrote: ! :laugh: :rant2:
Oh no... :lol: :lol: :cry:

Perry "there will be no little randy feeling on MX-3.com"
Party pooper.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

i just bought a astra 777 it has keyless entry latch lights horn all the normal crap and the windows go down when u press the button but I need to install it and store want like $450 dollars to install all this to my car.........tear......... :cry: I paid 90 bucks for the alarm but its usless right now cause i dont know how to wire it up I need help Ill post it in the electronics forum
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

It is meant for when you get out of the car to lock the door with the key. That way you cannot lock your keys in the car if you have them in your hand. The passenger door locks when you lock the drivers door.

Return to “General Mazda”