Calgary-July Mini-Meet and Race Night

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
What

Post by What »

Darcy wrote:Tell me about that too.

I'm gonna have fricken nightmares tonight about my car.
Some retarded lady kinda mixed up a yield sign with a merge sign and threw me 2" from a guard rail. My tires are chewed up from hitting the curb and now my alignment is probably off. wish I woulda hit her. I woulda got a new bumper (really needed one too) and then she would have actually known what she did. She continued down the road like nothing even happened!! argh!
:shock: :shock: Ackkk! I feel bad for you Darcy... hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Another 'swift' guy I know today was talking to some people that mentioned they heard about some 'metro' that beat that Mustang at the track.... lol. I liked the close races like Rick says... it was wayyy more fun than I've had there because of the guys I was lined up against.

I haven't been online much, trying to get my car back on the road. I was putting the turbo on, had a bunch of stuff off and then said to myself 'it's only eight more bolts and the head is off and I can lower the compression via chamber in head and spend $50 on a head gasket and be done with it all'... ha ha, what a pain... but I'm finally back to about where I started before I said that. :)
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I finally got my car running! I can't believe it started first try after all that wiring I almost shat my pants, plus I had 50% chance of having the dist off one crank rotation :lol: We should all go out again in 2 weeks, maybe the 12th?
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

I think that will work for me, but I don't see the competitive point in going myself, being I haven't done anything to my car since then. Might change the front tires or something...

Also, who would be interested in doing a car/driver swap? I'm interested in seeing what a good/better driver could do in my car, but I don't know who would be willing to let me violate theirs ;)
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Aparently Race City prohibits driver swapping. I don't know if I would want to risk it. My car has been acting a bit glitchy lately so hopefully I can get some of those issues fixed by then. Maybe in September, I'll have to take Kyle up on his Dyno test offer. That will give me some actual numbers to play with.
But in the mean time I'll try to get my car track worthy.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I might consider swapping for a run. But if you miss shift I get to kick you in the nuts - and likewise.

My only problem from making me not track worthy is, that I think you need to have some sort of external power off for a rear mounted battery. I think thats why some cars have the "pull here" thing on they're rears. I used to think it was a fuel cut, but I've seen that thing on like 15 second cars so that doesn't make sense.

I'm trying to find the tech rules, I may have to call them and ask.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Well I got my VRIS system working properly now, so the ZE is probably running around 14.5 - 15.0 sec 1/4mi times now. I just don't know if I want to take it on the track again right away. I'm worried about snapping something on my Drive Axles/CVs since they aren't in good condition. I get that nice snapping/popping noise on slow turns. I'll have to attempt replacing those over the winter. I have to beef up the suspension and my bushings too so that I'm not getting so much wheel hop and loosing so much traction. Those were major problems last time.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Coolio. You gotta get your car up to Rick's car at the very least. I know if Mark puts an intake in his V6 he's gonna take me easily now, so I gotta look at that new exhaust setup soon :)

Yeah, I dont know about my axles either. Either something has come loose recently, something wasn't bolted down tight enough, or my axles or front suspension is dying a quick death.
Hearing the dreaded crunch when going over a bump when the wheels are turned, so I think I wanna get those at least checked out before I race again. The car seems fine going straight, and considering that's all the 1/4 mile is, I'd almost risk it :)
Worst case scenario, I have to get some crap swapped over to my new car from the ol' bucket o' bolts.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

I think we should put off our second round of Secret Street until the 19th. It's supposed to Rain most of Friday, so I don't think they would be racing. How does this work for everyone else?
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Darcy

Post by Darcy »

We'll see how the car is doing, otherwise, sure
What

Post by What »

Yeah, I'm not positive about making it out for racing another round, but the Swift should be mucho faster if all goes well with the tuning of the turbo bits. If nothing else, I'll try to come down to watch as I wouldn't mind seeing the makings of BP vs. the stock v6 grudge match. :) Actually Darcy, your clunk wouldn't have anything to do with the recent tire scrubbing action a few posts back would it? That or check some simple things like strut tower bolts. :?:
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

James I forgot to tell you I could hear your cv joint clicking when you were on the track :shock: I won't be going out tommorow night - the 12th, I still have to get an alignment I just replaced my pass side ball joint. I might go out tommorow night to watch and ask a couple tech questions if it doesn't get rained out :shrug: The 19th sounds good tho.

BTW: my car feels noticeably faster after the new coil / hei mod, I don't think it could do 14's....not even close maybe mid 15's..... I really need to find out soon tho.

Kyle how's the boost coming? are you going to be in the 12's or what!?
Bling Bling

Calgary-July Mini-Meet and Race

Post by Bling Bling »

How sticky are they on minute oil problems? ( Valve cover gaskets or on the bottom of the car say).
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Yeah those CVs on my car make me nervous. Hopefully I can replace those in the fall or winter. I plan to buy a little piss-pot FWD 323 for a winter beater, so I'll be able to do extensive repairs on the MX3 under less stress. If I race on the 19th again, I'm going to avoid doing burnouts just so it's a little easier on the CVs. (Anybody know good place to get new CVs for not too expensive)

Stacy, I don't think they'll complain too much about a dirty engine, as long as your not dribbling crap on the ground. You could always give the motor a quick cleaning before hand if your worried about that stuff. If all else fails, it still would be nice to have you come watch.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Silktrain

Post by Silktrain »

I'm there on the 19th, if nothing else but for the "grudge martch" :wink: This time I'm leaving the spare, the subwoofer, the floor mats, the extra CDs, I'm trimming my hair and nails before hand....
Mark Klassen
Burnt Black '96 GS - RIP
MX-West
Bling Bling

Calgary-July Mini-Meet and Race Night

Post by Bling Bling »

Instead of racing on Friday....why don't you wait until saturday to drag at the SCC?? Get some racing in and check out the show. Just a thought.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”