Hatch Garnish finally gave up :(

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Mazdaspeed96743

Hatch Garnish finally gave up :(

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

Hi guys I had a topic about my Hatch Garnish cracked in half =

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

And guess what? I was driving on a straight highway and it was quite windy and all of a sudden I heard "clank clank clank clan!" and I was thinking that there is only one thing that can be and I lowered my stereo, then signaled, stopped on the side of the highway, turned off the car and put on my hazard flashers and looked towards the rear of the car and I seen the right piece of the Hatch Garnish floping around. Then I went outside to take off the hanging piece of the Hatch Garnish which was held by the rubber strip and put it behind my seat.

Heres some pics I took when I got home =

Back View -

Side View -

I either gotta buy a new hatch garnish or a wing but I want to get the Hatch Garnish instead because its muuuch cheaper=

http://pakfeifertuning.com/store/produc ... cts_id/441

So is it easy to put this thing on? because I still have that metal clips on the car and the rubber strips left
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If you are asking if the wing is easy to put on, you need a body shop to do the work if you are not comfortable enough that you need to ask. Not trying to be mean, but honest. You don't want to spend all that money and have it go to waste b/c you screwed up the wing or the car during the install.
As for the garnish, any junk yard will have a stock wing ir garnish that is a very easy replacement. Also I saw a wrap around spoiler for sale on here for about 100.00 Can (awesome price) Take a look for it.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Mazdaspeed96743

Okay thanks man, And so sorry for complaining guys :oops:
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Where are you located? You can have mine for free if you come to pick it up! Its not that hard to replace.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
Mazdaspeed96743

Urbanconcept wrote:Where are you located? You can have mine for free if you come to pick it up! Its not that hard to replace.
Oh my god you don't want to know :lol:. (Big Island of Hawaii)
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

well if you want it you can still have it lol. If you're willing to pay shipping and all that. Prob wont be worth it though after shipping and fees.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

oh man... I soo wanna go to Hawaii :D

Maybe if I win a lot of money I could have a minor shot to get there.. :p
Always wanted to try some surfing :)
(and the girls are not half bad either, hehehe)

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

I'll give u mine just pay for shipping, no screws though, i had to use them on the wing i got from the junk yard

jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Mazdaspeed96743

Hey sorry guys I fogot about this thread lol but heres some updates=

My other piece of my hatch garnish came off a little. Im guessing that the one of the plastic clips that holds the garnish in place broke off because I think I know why. When I bump my subs the hatch part of my car flexes so that must've been why the clip broke oh wells...

Return to “Appearance”