need a sucseful 1.6 turbo guide

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
chuelow

need a sucseful 1.6 turbo guide

Post by chuelow »

need help i want to put a turbo on a 1.6
would like guide on all parts need to run great
or link

i read early ford probe will fit
don't know if i ford probe cpu ,injectors,& ect...

any help will be greatly Appreciated . :sadwavey:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

if you use the search function, you will find all the information you will need, for a swap, or what turbo stuff will fit with what, off of what years.
chuelow

Post by chuelow »

looking 4 more of a list of what someone has in there 1.6 that works
not puting 29 dif threads together to waste my time on something that won't work :pimp:
& i did look for turbo 1.6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

well what year do you have, need to know if you have a SOHC or a DOHC motor. the DOHC will have bolt on's, and will be fairly easy to do.

the DOHC can use parts off of the turbo 323 GTX, or the mercury capre. also the Turbo off of the Probe will work but not the manafold, as the Probe is a 1.8L.
chuelow

Post by chuelow »

1992 1.6 sohc
:freak:
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Wow.

The height of laziness.

http://www.racingmazda.com/mx3.htm

Hows THAT for service? If you had clicked on ONE of those threads that you searched for- it probably would have contained that link.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Just a guess here... but I bet you say that kit is too expensive.

:roll:

If you want to go turbo- things are going to get expensive if you want it to be reliable. Thats going to be about as cheap as it gets.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Yea man going turbo isnt cheap.

You've got to pay to play.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
facko

Post by facko »

heh i used to wonder why everyone got mad when someone asked about what they need for a turbo but after being here for a lil while...i see how u guys that have been on here for a while could get annoyed :wink:
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
chuelow

Post by chuelow »

This is stage I of III. A non-intercooled kit with a t3 turbo starting at 4 psi. It will bolt up to your factory exhaust but an aftermarket exhaust system is recommended. Dyno results show a 15% gain over stock engines. See the parts list for more details.

Stage 1 Kit

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :pimp:

thanks
atlantamx3 but i'm not lazy i hate to waste time, i just want to learn from other poeples mistakes so i don't have to make them thats what this forum is 4 right or am i wrong :love2:
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

Post by Dominicanchu_Nmbr1 »

chuelow... its not that no one means to offend when they say that asking for the answer is being lazy... the thing is that the answer isn't so easy. Many of the more experienced users on here usually look for answers using the search function. but you have to use it more than once, using different keywords to search for an answer. it might take a while, but i know you will find it that way. that racingmazda web link for instance, was a freebie for ya. its not hard to google the search is it? I know i don't have a crap load of posts to be talkin' like i know everything, but before my first post, i used this forum for more than a year. I kinda got to learn a few things here and there, and mostly by using the search function-best teacher around! Don't mean to offend or attack you, so please, use the search, and be patient about it.
-=[Irving A.]=-
forcedairram

umm no

Post by forcedairram »

Well first things first, turbo kits can be cheap, for instance i might have 600-750 in mine. You can easily piece together some used parts and make some of your own, including turbo manifolds, clutches. Secondly, if you guys are only gonna post a reply of "try the search button", dont bother, you dont need to be an a-- just because someone asks for information, thats the whole point of a forum. If you dont feel like repeating something you have posted before, simply dont post anything at all. Some people are too busy to find 2 or 3 hours to look for information on something like a turbo kit. Especially when it only takes 5 minutes for someone to post a simple reply of what parts are good and where to get them.

So Chuelow if you have any questions feel free to message me and i will do the best i can to help you out.
Last edited by forcedairram on July 15th, 2005, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
facko

Post by facko »

yea my actualy turbo "kit" only cost me about 600-700 but then u add in that clutch and installing it added another 600ish to it...in otherwords be prepared to be spending money for a little while on it :D
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Well Turbo kit can mean many different things.
Like for myself, i went ahead and bought a safc2 and a plx m300, which at the time i bought them =600$ and thats just for 2 parts, reason why i did this was because incase i wanted to up teh boost i could and make it reliable.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
forcedairram

ok

Post by forcedairram »

My whole turbo kit includes.... Super afcII, boost gauge, a/f gauge, turbo,oil pressure gauge, turbo manifold, intercooler and piping, external wastegate, and manual boost controller, 440 injectors and a 255lph fuel pump. The only thing holding me back from making 300 hp is a rrfpr. Total investment in the entire turbo kit....c. $800

Return to “Forced Induction”