Distribulination

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
boywithamazda

Distribulination

Post by boywithamazda »

ok so I just finished my swap but it won't start.
I'm not getting a spark so i decided to switch to the k8 disty, but it looks differrent than the ze one...the d cap reads 453216 clockwise on k8,456321 on the ze. When I search I keep seeing that i can use the k8 one, i just don't know how...help??
93 mx3 gs-ze, kl31,headers. other exhaust stuff. Intake harvested from a dumpster.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah you are supposedto use the k8 disty... but i dont remember how it does..isnt it a direct bolt on?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
boywithamazda

Post by boywithamazda »

yeah it fits in but my padre insists the firing order will be screwed up
93 mx3 gs-ze, kl31,headers. other exhaust stuff. Intake harvested from a dumpster.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

not true, the firing order will be correct. You need to wire it using the numbers on the K8 disty. I know this may seem weird, but it is correct. All of us with ZE or DE swaps use the K8 disty (unless using aftermarket ignition) and wire the plug wires acording to the cap on the K8. It should fire right up :D
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

:werd: I just finished my swap a few days ago and it fired right up first try with the k8 disty...
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

Distribulination>>>>that is a hard word to say.

Holy Jebus it took me 3 times to pronounce it :lol:
boywithamazda

Post by boywithamazda »

yeah it was late when i made that up...i was gonna name the topic 'save me jebus' but that woulda been kinda gay, more gay then my screen name. (not that there's anything wrong with that) anyway problem fixed...cept my battery died since i left my door slightly open...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”