knock knock

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
boywithamazda

knock knock

Post by boywithamazda »

I can't find the knock sensor on my ze motor, yet i can find it on the k8...
any input?
93 mx3 gs-ze, kl31,headers. other exhaust stuff. Intake harvested from a dumpster.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The sensor hook-up on the ZE is on the driver's side of the motor and the K8 it is on the passanger side. You needed to change it's position when you had the intake off while doing the swap. You have tow choices now, extend the plug to reach the passanger side or take the intake off so that you can move the plug ot the passanger side (correct way to do it). Problem with extending the wire is that if you don't soldier it correctly or use the wrong size wire the computer won't get the correct reading and could run in limp mode (aka NO power) forever.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Make sure you ground one of the wires. I ahd that problem and my knock sensor wasnt working..ew loss of power. On the ze the sensor seems to be in the same place. If you need the sensor let me know. I got a parts ze.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I just did the swap today, and I think I had the same problem. I can't see where the wire goes it looks like it hooks up into somwhere under the rails? is that the knock sensor? anways I had the plug on the pass side from my k8 harness and the matching connection right by the TPS, so what I did was I just moved the plug under the IM and it just barely reaches and connects under the #2 runner....
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Rick Johnson wrote:I just did the swap today, and I think I had the same problem. I can't see where the wire goes it looks like it hooks up into somwhere under the rails? is that the knock sensor? anways I had the plug on the pass side from my k8 harness and the matching connection right by the TPS, so what I did was I just moved the plug under the IM and it just barely reaches and connects under the #2 runner....
You should be in the right spot Rick.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
boywithamazda

Post by boywithamazda »

Got it...thanks
93 mx3 gs-ze, kl31,headers. other exhaust stuff. Intake harvested from a dumpster.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”