Electrical genius needed!!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Mazderati

Electrical genius needed!!

Post by Mazderati »

I have no ignition, no dash lights, no signal lights, hazards work, sunroof works, and door open sensor works. WTF?? I have checked all fuses inside and in the engine comp. All are ok. ( I may have fried something while trying to fix my drivers power window switch.) Is there a relay these are all on?
Any suggestions where to start?

Help!

Thanks in advance.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

check the fuses would be where I would start
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Go to my web site below and have a look at "info - 1995 wiring diagrams". You might want to print out page 20 - Power Distribution.

From the diagram have a look at what actually does work on your car, (find something common on the drawings with whats working) and you might be able to trace backwards to the likely fault.

The fault actually sounds like it should be fairly easy to find....

Get back to us if theres anything else.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

Thanks Grant, I've been to your website and am trying to use the diagrams as you say. However, I am sure you can tell from my posts, I will not be awarded the "electronics genius 2005" award this year. I am taking the car into a tech this morning, I'll give him the diagrams and then I'll post the results this aft.

All fuses in car ok 100% for sure.

Thanks again for your feedback.

:lol: 8) :lol:
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Man thats a shame to have to take it in but I'm sure they'll find the problem ok. Hoping it isn't much - shouldn't be - sounds so bad it should be a major component so therefore obvious (if you know what I mean). Luck with it and please let us know.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

Ok, so the shop had it for 3 hours today and came back with it fixed. Apparently the problem was somewhere in the wiriing between the firewall and the ignition. The arced power window wires must have zapped a wire somewhere back up along the ignition power run. Their solution was to put in a new power wire in and avoid having to isolate the exact connection. Hopefully that takes care of things. All is working now except my interior fan.

Any further feeback appreciated.

:lol: :lol: 8) 8)

freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

Did the fan work before you took it in? Take it back to them and say they need to fix the damn fan. Here where I live, the cheapest rates for electrical work is $70 per hour, and personally if I was going to spend $210 on a wire job EVERYTHING better be workin when I get it back lol. Just my opinion.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

God damnit, take the car back and make them fix it..
I am so sick of hearing about people coming back from a mechanic and saying it's fixed and it's not.

Don't let them charge you anything, unless it's a missing part or something stupid like that.
blkmx3ze

Post by blkmx3ze »

good luck bro
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

The fan wasn't working when I took it in. I settled for everything else for now I guess. I didn't want them to bleed another 65 bucks/hr out of me. I'll see if I can figure it out. Summertime , no worries, I'll fix it by winter.

Thanks for your feedback everyone.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8)

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”