Need Help Please - Vehicle Shaking Problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sinhron

Need Help Please - Vehicle Shaking Problem

Post by sinhron »

I Just bought a MX-3 and every time I hit or release the gas pedal the vehicle is shaking, as well as when I change gears, especially1st to 2nd and 3td. I've changed Spark Plugs, Wires, Fuel Filter, but not a dramatic change. I've checked my Engine and my motor mounts seems to be allright. It almost feels like my clutch is not fully disengaging, but yet my clutch is not sliping out, and I've got plenty of power when I push it. Any Ideas on what could be the problem?
It is really confusing and frustrtating, if anyone knows how to fix the problem please let me know.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

check maybe your axles...that could be it...or tire balancing.

Also to see if your clutch is relaesing and stuff...try this...put the car in 1st gear...and be at a dead stop on level ground and while holding the clutch in rev the car...if the car starts to move forward then the clutch is no opening all the way. My car did this and i fixed the problem shortly after by extending the slave cylinder rod.
Keira

Post by Keira »

my car has a similar shaking problem. When I am driving it will shake until i hit the higher rpms (3500 or so) and then it will drive smoothly.

it is probably what Slammed6 said. axle or tire balancing problems.
sw-ontarioguy

Post by sw-ontarioguy »

I had this happen a couple months ago in my tiburon. It started off not bad, like I needed an alignment job. But as the days went on it got continually worse. Finally it was so bad I could barely keep her on the road. Ended up being wheel bearings.
Speed Kills....Save a life...Drive a HONDA
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Based on the described prob, tend to suspect a bad motor mount(s) followed by worn wheel bearing(s) and you seem confident the mounts are ok. Guess it could be related to a bad axle/CV joint but I've had CV's go bad on a lot of cars & never experienced a bad CV causing quite the symptoms described. Bearings can easily be checked by putting the front end on jackstands, grab the front tires at the 12 oclock and 6 oclock position and see if there is any play when you try to vertically shake the wheel by alternately pressing in/out at the top/bottom.
Image -Jim
gfreire

Post by gfreire »

I had a shaking problem with my car also. Once and a while when i hit the highway and hit around 120 the car would start shaking so much the steering wheel and dash would shake. So on my car it was my cv shatf for the passenger side.
[FS] Carbon Fiber Alteza Tail Lights used
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54541
[FS] 17' Motegi DP6 Hyper Black rims
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54497
sinhron

Post by sinhron »

Yeah, Thanks for Reply.
My car is shaking front and back, so I've checked the axles they seem to be allright, at least the boots are not teared.
To describe the shaking would be like for example it is shaking as if I would be going 30 in 5th gear. It is hoping back and forth. It's just as if I don't know how to drive standart :)
Yet last night I noticed something else, I was driving at night with the AC on and every once in a while I think when my Rad Fan kicks in the car is loosing electrical power power for like 1/2 of a second(light goes dim and engine cuts off).
Could this two be related ?
sw-ontarioguy

Post by sw-ontarioguy »

I would doubt the two are related, but they could be. Your battery could be starting to go, or maybe just the terminals need a good cleaning. Clean them and see if that helps. Also tighten up anything connected to the battery terminals. I have had this problem with my tiburon too. It was horrible, I would go start teh car, and nothing. I'd have to get out and ffidle with the wire to get it to connect again.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

as for the electrical, put a vot meter on the battery with the car off, if it reads 12 volts then try it again with the car running if it reads 14 volts your ok again, if not you might need a new alternator. It sounds to me like your voltage regulator might be bad, they are built in to help absorb electrical loads, but if they aren't working the fan might be draining so much power (eventhough it would only be for an instant) that the plugs aren't suppling enough power to keep the car running. You might also try the voltage test while turning the AC on and off and see if the volts jump alot. They sohouldn't fluctuate more than 2-4 volts.
As for the shaking, try the clutch in and gas on a level surface. Extending the slave rod is not a good idea since Mazda designed it to be that legnth. You should try bleeding the clutch line first if the clutch isn't disengaging. If bleeding it doesn't help it might be time for a new clutch and bearings.
If the clutch is not the problem then check the wheel bearings by jacking the car up and try to twist the tire top to bottom, (puch the top of the ite tword the engine bay whle holding the bottom, and try pushing the bottom while holding the top) if it moves then the bearings are bad. If the movement is VERY slight you are ok.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
sinhron

Post by sinhron »

Thanks alot for the reply guys, I think my problem is actually in the Motor mount, as everything else is tested OK, other than the motor mounts, which I testet only visually. So I would be filling them with urithane.

By the way MX-3 is Great car, with the stock V6 I just smoked a "riced up" chevrolet optra , thought the guy gave up, cause I had to slow down to wait for him to catch up, he he , I can't wait until I get a KLZE in it, man that thing is gonna be fast.
BTW does anyone knows where to get inexpensive motor mounts in Canada ?
sw-ontarioguy

Post by sw-ontarioguy »

go to a wreckers, or get them off someone parting out there GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”