Dropzone coilovers & zx2 struts help please!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Dropzone coilovers & zx2 struts help please!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by neverenuff »

Ok heres the deal. Got ZX2 struts and (I Know junk) but none the less Dropzone coilovers. Now my ? is how do I assemble these coilovers on the strut? I did a search on here and only realy found 2 post with any help but I need pics and the one that had pics no longer has pics. The 2nd post i found had a pic and instuctions but he used Koni struts and his coilovers look diff as he only has 1 ajuster nut and mine have 2. Can anyone help me all I need are pis and instuctions on how to assemble the coilovers on the strut. "NOTE" I have instructions on how to mount the on car so incase anyone gets confused I only need help with assembly. Thnx in advance.
Last edited by neverenuff on May 15th, 2005, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

The reason there are 2 adjusters that thread on is to act as a jam nut so it wont change while your driving.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Maz thank you. But unfortunately that is not what I am asking. I do know why I have two i was just simply stating that in that particular post the coilovers he had only had one.But, thnx for tring to help.please if anyone could just give me some detail instuctions on how to assemble these thing because I want to mount them tomorro. I I just look at these things and see all the rubber rings it came with and I dont have a clue were they would even go exept for the big ones. If there is anybodt on here that has recently got a set of thse coilovers they know what rubber rings im talking about theres like 20 of them in this plastic bag.
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Ok well after carefully looking I have come to find out that the sleeves of the coilovers dont fit or wont go all the way down to the perch. will only go as far as the top of the strut. Now let me ask everyone this. I bought the zx2 struts and mx3 coilovers.Does this mean that the coilovers dont fit because of the strut being a zx2 strut?
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Ok here is a pic of what the prob im having is. as pointed out in this pic the cap on the base of the strut is not letting the sleeve from the coilovers to pass. has anyone run into this prob. I am thinking that maybe I got sent the wrong coilovers and maybe the ones I got are just 2 small. can antbody help with this?

.:]{UBIS:.

Post by .:]{UBIS:. »

Hi I have bought also coilovers.. but still waiting to install, because I dont know if it is the best choice to put them on stock shocks and second I do not have tools. Know what are U talking about.. can U tell me the width of the circular hole.. that U cant fit on your car?

And even if u have RS or GS.. thanx
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

ok, from all the coilovers i have installed you are required to grind that lil flange down for the cylinder to slide over. I have done this on my Mx-6 and will be doping the same to the MX-3 when i get my suspension lined up.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

you have to take off the metal caps from the zx2's to fit a coilover sleeve over them.

or just sell those coilovers and get some springs ;)
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”