Pics of my lambo doors on

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

Pics of my lambo doors on

Post by Dominicanchu_Nmbr1 »

Just click these links to see the pics. If the bandwith runs out and you can't see em, email me and I'll send you some. I'll get the pics later for the closup of the actual hinge-i forgot who it was that wanted that one.

http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u ... 3&i=101329
http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u ... 3&i=101331
http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u ... 3&i=101352

Let me know what you guys think. The passenger side needs a new shock, thats the only reason I don't have it up. Its installed, just needs a new shock.
-=[Irving A.]=-
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

So where did you source the kit?

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

bought it from a shop that was going out of business. the kit was originally for a lexus. Got it for about $500 US including shipping. I'm sure anyone that wants one could get a cheap kit by buying one for a civic and then drilling. Afterwards get it soldered AND bolted on. doesn't hurt to be too safe. :welder:

sucky part is that the kit brings the bottom of the door out just a little bit, and in rubs on the fender, even after I had cut them.... this means that I have no choice but to modify them and make them wider. I might as well try and make a bootleg wide body kit like the other guy on the forum. Thats probably what I'll do.
-=[Irving A.]=-
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I actually like the idea of the door popping "Open" before it swings up.. or to swing out a bit as it goes up.. I like the look.. almost makes the MX-3 look like a bird of prey swooping down for the kill.. yeah.. kinda dorky sounding I know.. just how it strikes me. Lambo doors are the only body mod I would eventually like to make to my RS.. But hell would freeze over before I paid that Shea dude any cash.. and I guess he wussed out and isnt even making them any more. I'll probably save up and buy a high priced professionally produced set.. unless Nallboy can get his hands on some blue prints ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

How is it to get in and out? They don't look like they open all that far upwards.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

they look awsome, but ya im also curious as Chronicle-Rod asked, how tough is it to get in and out?
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Legato626

sweet

Post by Legato626 »

Looks easy to get out just remember to watch your head. :lol: So what all did you have to do to fit them on you said you had to cut the fender? Like how much did you cut?
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Like everyone else is asking. What needs to be done to bolt these hinges on? Did you need to extend the wiring to the door?
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Well great job on the install even tho it's not 100% but personally I dnt like Lambo doors on an MX because we have the window frame and I dont think it looks right. Now if we had framless windows like on a Integra or something like that id be all for it.Just my 2 cent
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

getting in and out is no problem at all. The door opens sideways with enough room to get in and out without bringing the door up at all. After the dor is up, really easy to get in and out.

Yeah, all the wires had to be extended. I used extensions that were about 4 inches long. Everything worked fine after the install.

About the fender cutting- you just cut the inner fender. I basically cut it all off, but not at the top, where there is one bolt hole-i left that piece on.

But yeah, no way it could be 100% because it wasn't a kit meant for our car. Its all a matter of holding the hinge up to the stock bolt pattern, marking the hinge, and get a good drill and start at it. You might have to make the holes a little bigger or shave small parts of the hinge to make it fit just right, but I think it came out ok.
-=[Irving A.]=-
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

looks decent
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Not bad, bro. I really like the lambos on our cars.
Tunes67 wrote:I'll probably save up and buy a high priced professionally produced set.. unless Nallboy can get his hands on some blue prints ;)

Tunes67
Working on it, man, and keeping my fingers crossed. I'd LOVE to get a gb together!
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

They look amazing great job....just a thought that "neverenuff " said about how our car has the top part of the window sill on it...How hard do you think it would be...or cost a shop to do....to make the top part of our door detatch so the window fram isnt on it...any idea's
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

ooELMOoo wrote:They look amazing great job....just a thought that "neverenuff " said about how our car has the top part of the window sill on it...How hard do you think it would be...or cost a shop to do....to make the top part of our door detatch so the window fram isnt on it...any idea's
Well iv thought about that for countless hrs but I havent been able to come up with anything. NOW!!!!! There is one thing I did come up with that would look BADASS suicide lambo doors. Now I think that windowframs wouldnt look that bad if you didnt realy see them ya know what I mean?
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

getting the window sill off of the door and put permanently on the car isn't hard at all. the thing is that the window is where the problem is. The sill would have to be modified to let the window lie over it, while still making a good seal. I think that'd be the tough part. And about those suicide lambo doors...it can be done, but you'd have to seriously re-wire the door. And to give the driver enough room to get out, you'd really have to make that door go almost straight up. It'd look wierd as hell. I wouldn't go that far, but some1 should photoshop something up, just to see how it'd look.
-=[Irving A.]=-

Return to “Appearance”