WTB stock '94 V6 5 spoke rim

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
glow

Post by glow »

Hi, I'm new to the board and a new mx3 owner, 94 V6 mx3. Love how it handles

I was wondering if anyone here has a stock 5 spoke precidia rim for sale.

http://www.mx-3.com/rims/rim4.jpg

I need one replaced ASAP and thought I'd see if anyone in the Vancouver area might have one for sale.

Thanks!
glow

Post by glow »

bump,

I'm having a hard time looking for a replacement, I got quoted by Mazda for like $800 for a new one. Both me and the guy were wondering why it was priced like that in the computer LOL :shock:

if anyone knows where i can get one, any info would be great, even if it wasn't in the vancouver area, thx :)
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

tHERE are a couple of Wreckers on Mitchel Island that have it in stock, but they are asking about $100 bucks a pop. Did you curb the rim? MIght be cheaper to get it fixed, but runs about the same price.
J0HN_R1

Post by J0HN_R1 »

:? Its always better to replace than fix, once they break they're never the same as new/unbroken...

especially @ $100/ea

my .02
When this thing hits 88mph, you're gonna see some serious TIHS...!
glow

Post by glow »

Thanks for replying monstar-mx-3, it was actually cracked, not done by me, so I definately need a replacement. I've been to 2 on mitchel and 2 in surrey too, all claiming they had them, only to either say they didn't or have the non 5 spoke version. Would you by any chance remember which ones wreckers carried them? The last one I went to was Atlas...but I remember I had a checklist of like 7 places I tried, 2 of which were on mitchel I believe. If you don't remember I'll just try calling as many on mitchel as possible.

Thx for any info you can provide =)
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

Dont remeber the place, but soon as you come off the OAK, head west down the island. I think its the last or send last place on your left hand side, just before the road turns to the left. He was asking $100 bucks a pop for the rim. I tryied the placed in Surrey along scott and they didnt have it. But I did see it in stock at the place at Mitch. island. I suggust you take a picture with you, becuase most of the wrecker are thinking the honey comb rims.
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

If u cant find the 94's i have a full set of stock 93's with very good tires on them...and im in vancouver
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

he is looking for the 5-spoke 95/96 GS wheels. They are hard to come by. 92-94 "honeycomb" rims are easy.

There is a company in the US though that makes replica wheels of the 5 spoke... let me see if I can find it. not right now. just do some searching.
glow

Post by glow »

Thanks for all the input guys, I'll have to take a trip down using the route you suggested on Oak to find the place, hopefully i can get one. Yes, they're very rare...hopefully i can get that straightened out along with other things on the car to stop worrying about it and to start enjoying it :)
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

Once I get my 17's I'll sell you mine. They have one years worth of wear but hardly any wear ( 85% ).
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”