Nos recomendations

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
vozaday2000

Nos recomendations

Post by vozaday2000 »

What would you guys recomend for the maximum amount of nos to run through the klze. i know that nos can be harmful but how much nos have you guys run and how long have your engines run with that much nos.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

a wet system is going to be your best bet. a dry will tear it up. but if your running a wet system, the most you want to run would probably be an 80 shot. any more and it might start to tear things up a bit. but you can see a good 30 to 40 HP gain with an 80 shot on a ZE. looking at mid to low 13's if you can drive decent.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I would definately go with a wet kit, but you can do 75-80 with little mods to compensate...but have seen people do as much as 100 on a ZE. I will be doing a 100 on a ZE as soon as my project is done. And yes this is all for stock internals.

I have ran 100 shot on my KL-DE for years and have since bumped it up to a 125 and still have had no problems and compression is fine.

And trust me if you squeeze a 75 shot on a ZE, you will definately see more than a 40 HP difference :lol:
brakecrasher

Post by brakecrasher »

@Slammed6
What about the distribution system?
Does it work regularly?
Do you hear some strange noise or do you broke it sometimes?

I told this, because i'm going to install a nos kit on my mx3 1.8
but my mecanichs told me "after 2 or 3 time u use nos you probaly
broke the distribution system" .....

I'm very scared of it, i use my car everyday, and i don't want problems..
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

@Slammed6
What about the distribution system?
Does it work regularly?
Do you hear some strange noise or do you broke it sometimes?

I told this, because i'm going to install a nos kit on my mx3 1.8
but my mecanichs told me "after 2 or 3 time u use nos you probaly
broke the distribution system" .....

I'm very scared of it, i use my car everyday, and i don't want problems..
I have used nitrous on a stock ignition system, you will definately not hurt anything. I was using nitrous on my car for several years and this was my daily driver.

Your not going to hurt anything on ur ignition system using nitrous. Just be careful and not go over a 50 shot on ur K8 until you at least get a fuel pump.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

OK NOS is a brand are a name the wahley ricers or noobs give to nitrous so it's not nos it's nitrous oxide or nitous. A wet kit or direct port are the ways to go as far as brands ZEX,NX, or my favorite VENOM. these are all real good company's ZEX is the easiest to install then NX then Venom. Venom is more advanced than all the others and I believe it is far more safe than all of them but those 3 brands you shouldn't ever have a problem with.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
brakecrasher

Post by brakecrasher »

@Slammed6
what do you mean with "50 SHOT" ?
Excuse me for my ignorance about mechanic....
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Well when you install a nitrous kit, you need to install the jets in the nitrous line and fuel line, and that lets the car only have a certain amount of nitrous and fuel to make a desired horsepower.

A "50 shot" is the jetting that will give your car approximately 50 horsepower.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Slammed6,

I am trying to pick up all the info:

So you were able to hit 100 shot with stock internals and fuel pump?

Did you do any changes in the saprk plugs? Ignition timing? What kind of clutch you have to hold 100 shot? What front tires for launching?
How can I remove Mazda Enthusiast?
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

So you were able to hit 100 shot with stock internals and fuel pump?
Yes, this was on my KL-DE and i had approximately 140,000 miles and i did this for about 1-1/2 yrs, and i beat on that thing all the time.. :lol:
Did you do any changes in the saprk plugs? Ignition timing? What kind of clutch you have to hold 100 shot? What front tires for launching?
I spent alot of time running different plugs but the ones that ran best with the shot was the Ford Probe Stock NGK's. They are heat range 6. I used my 100 shot before i had MSD and after the only difference is if you are using MSD you can leave the Gap open to the stock .44, but if your on a stock ignition i would say gap them down to .35.

Ignition timing was completely stock, i never had the timing retarded at all, and i ran this on 91 octane with an octane booster.. :lol:. But to be on the safe side i would try to get octane at least 98+.

Clutch well i went through several clutches...lol. My Clutchmaster stage 3 couldn't handle it, some poeple have had theirs handle power similar to a 100 shot, but i had no luck. I had a SPEC stage 3 (6-puck) and that did a damn good job, but its life was short lived by the amount of times i ran..haha. The clutch i have now on my ZE that i am planning on runnning a 100 shot on is a Clutchmasters Stage 4 (4-puck). By far the best damn clutch i have every bought.

Tires?? what tires..haha. I ran on some cheap a-- tires. I always hit the shot in 2nd gear. got a lil squirly but i was able to keep it under control.

Feel free to ask any question you guys wanna know, i only wished i had someone help me out like this before i started using my nitrous kit.
WTF

poly mounts...

Post by WTF »

Are the poly mounts strong enough? Specifically, what kind of product did you use so I can buy it.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124131

I found this link from SRT and was thinking of trying it out on my mounts.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I bought AWR Solid poly mounts for my MX-6, but i also used RR-Racing poly inserts.

But when i bought my MX-3 i noticed that you couldn't use those, so i went to home depot and bought some "PL Polyurethane Roof and Flashing Sealant" Its Black also. i filled every single mount, but then i broke a bolt on the front mount so what i did was re-drill the holes on the cross member to i believe 1/2" and then i was able to use the Ford Probe/Mazda MX-6 front mount and i used a RR-Racing polyurethane insert.

The car remarkably does not shake everything and is actually quite smooth, and nobody can tell that all the mounts are filled. But when the clutch grabs and i am on it the engine doesn't go anywhere.

PS. that link as well would work, but i have never used it.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

here is a pic of the first poly mounts i made. since i have made two more sets, and i have made molds to extend the poly to fill the entire mount (so to the end of the sleeves). Bugs is running a pair.

slowmx3

Post by slowmx3 »

the CDs make it look real clean. :2thumbsup:
1992 mx-3, a couple mods, i'm still a n00b
---Don't try and church your car up, MX-3's aren't fast---
WTF

About Poly mounts...

Post by WTF »

Like every thread, it starts with one subject and for whatever reason it falls into a tangent.

Hey Josh, 2 Thumbs up for the great pics you posted. Remarkable good job.

What filler did you use Josh?

Did you remove all the OLD rubber from the mount?

Let me get it straight, all the rubber was removed, then you aligned the engine mount with epoxy or bathroom filler, aligned the metal shaft with the CD center hole and then filled the inside with the polyurethane...

Did I miss something?

Return to “Forced Induction”