the gtr mx-3 dyno pic

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
natural born honda killer

the gtr mx-3 dyno pic

Post by natural born honda killer »

well heres a few pics of the beast.

jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

awsome car :2thumbsup:
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

220whp...what mods you got beside the actual gtr ?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

wow those are some impressive numbers!! :D

thanks. oh and before i forget that dyno is old but the new dyno is at home but it was 222hp and 216 tq so not much change but it was better and i didnt even do anything to it lol.

well as for mods here goes lol.

mitsu starion fmic

haltech full engine stand alone with everything you can get

intake

2.5 exhaust but i have a bottle neck that will be gone when i get back home

msd ignition

blaster 2 coil

turbo eclipse fuel inj

custom i/c piping

pro lx tranny 5 sp

act stage 2 clutch that needs to be changed.....has bout 3-4 years of good ard driving lol

oh and complete gtr motor

boost 13-15 psi

ebc

tt

optima battery yellow top

new radiator lol

i think thats it but its mainly the higher boost stock is 8.5 9.0 psi to 13-15 and the fmic and def the tuning. i havnt raced in the 1/4 yet but all im gonna say is i know shell do the 1/4 in the 13's trust me i know and thats all im gonna say about that :wink: .

but thats my baby and the only plans i have for her is to get the bumper i hav now (stock v6 bumper and lip) and mold them together and cut the middle out and paint it and put it on. then up the boost to 17-18 psi and tune it and open the exhaust up to 3 inch turbo back not cat and then get the bottle filled with c02 and turn the ntrcooler on and see what she does. im hoping for around 270-275whp and 260-270tq. oh and replace the clutch. other than that shes done for looks on the outside and then the engine work is done minus powder coating a few things here and there and painting the car minus the hail damage. then its on to the interior and stereo.

god this things a pain lol.

oh and my daily driver will be an 05 sti aspen white when i get back so i gotta get the mx up to par with the sti power wise at least. lol.

well hell thats all i can think of.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Hmm seems a little low for what I would think. Usually guys with that much boost on a GTR is closer to 250 or 260. I would think maybe upgrade the exhaust to 3", maybe replace the stock IC piping, and then boost it up closer to 18psi. There was a guy I was talking to back when I still had the emanage that he had those mods with a stock GTR ECU and Emanage and was around 300 whp.

the i/c pipes arent stock they are custom made pipes and bends. also i believe my biggest prob right now is the exhaust as i said.

the exhaust is 2.5 from the turbo back but then it hits the cat which is gutted but still goes to like 1 1/4 inch. then back out to 2.5 inches. like i said im gonna go to 3 inch when i get back home and see what that does with no cat. i think that alone will give me the numbers i should have. its gotta be holding around 15-20 whp right there at least.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

nice setup love that mx3
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

thanks i appreciate it. its been so long since ive updated the pics to show but its been in that state of modification for awhile now lol.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

So I trust your name does not dissapoint. :wink:
Nice job on the car man.. Gotta love that dyno graph! My numbers are shrouded in mystery until the dyno gets here but hopefully Ill bust out a good pull without my clutch giving out on me.
Im thinking of making the bottom end of my gtx bullet proof over winter with forged pistons and some sick rods. I might not even run any more boost but it would be nice to know that I can beat on the engine without worrying about it, plus it cant hurt to freshen up the engine with new gaskets and such.. my rear main seal on the engine leaks just a tiny bit and it pisses me off so much so Ill use that as an excuse to pull the engine. :P

By the way, What octane fuel you using?
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.

im using 93 octane at like 2.10 a gallon. also i had a problem with my rear main not sealing right but finally we resealed and resealed and resealed and my car finally does not leak any oil thank god. it was the main thing i wanted to do before i came over to iraq so my mom could drive my car. yes she rapes on it instead of her vette 04. she likes it and whn i do the exhaust im sure shell like it even more. franko ive seen your car and i must say nice job on it. were you able to get the car fixed? if so whens the finish date on it lol.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
forcedairram

wastegate

Post by forcedairram »

youd prolly be able to get a little more out of it by venting your wastegate to atmosphere, it will free up your exhaust a little further

Return to “Forced Induction”