DONT YOU HATE!!

Off-Topic Discussions
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Skeletor in a hawian shirt, now thats something i'd love to see! :lol:

Company picnic suck! I went to one for my dads company when I was 10. A clown scared me so I kicked him in the nutsack!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

93SOHC wrote:Skeletor in a hawian shirt, now thats something i'd love to see! :lol:

Company picnic suck! I went to one for my dads company when I was 10. A clown scared me so I kicked him in the nutsack!
Hahaha! That's awesome! I bet that clown quit soon after that!

But man, the owner's wife is scary. The way she smiles, she reminds me of The Joker in the Batman movie...played by Jack Nicholson.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

creepy! I don't know if he quit, but he did fall over grabbing his junk, which made all the other children laugh 8)
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
ratkon

Post by ratkon »

Every time i walk into a store they look at me like im going to hoop something.If I ask for help they brush me off.But the look on thier faces when i go through a different salesperson,and lay down the cash for something is priceless.I am a ugly criminal looking mofo,but who are they to judge :D
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I had a similar thing happen to me once at Magnolia Hi-Fi way back when I was buying the stereo system for my old Nova.. I went into the store in shorts and a T-shirt.. had $1200 cash in my pocket to buy my system with.. but the sales person wouldnt even let me try out any of the components in the test booth.. like I was some criminal that needed supervision. After waiting 15 minutes.. I went and found the manager.. Told the manager about "Todd" the rude salesman that had refused to help me (who was on the phone with a friend apparently) and then showed the manager the $1200 cash I had that was now walking out the door and taking my cash elsewhere all because of "Todd".. Dunno if he lost his job or not.. but the manager was pissed and Todd was rather pale looking as I walked out the door smiling :D

Tunes67
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Back in the day I was pretty scary looking. I was a punker with a huge mowhawk and spikes and leather and all that junk. No matter if I was buying a 6pack or a television everyone looked at me like I was gonna rob the place while worshipping the devil and having sex with animals. It sucks to get treated a certain way based on you appearance, but if you put up with it for 12 years like I did, you get used to it. Now that I look a bit more normal I don't have that problem, but I notice still if I go to a nice resteraunt w/ my fiance, they can still tell i'm a bit outta place. Weird...
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

I know how that is, up until a few months ago, I used to put colored streaks in my hair, like blue, purple, red, whatever. And I'm not the kind of person who is into the wrong thing. But based on my appearance, people in stores would automaticly assume I was going to shoplift. Going into stores like WalMart, where you walk by the cutomer service counter, they would actually tell me I had to give them my bag while I shopped. And then when I was ready to pay, I had to go back to the customer service counter to get my bag and pay. One time I was like "You gotta be kidding me...all these other people are walking by with their bags...and you want me to give you mine? Maybe you're the real criminal here!" and I walked out.

I mean, I understand that when you decide to do something that makes you look different, that people are going to react in alot of different ways, but some people are just so closed minded.

Also, I used to be overweight until I was about 16, and it's amazing how differently I am treated now. People treat you totally different if you're overweight. Sucks that it's gotta be like that.

Ok that's all.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

We could change the topic name to "The Venting Room"
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Alright, I'm bringing this topic back to life, since this is the 'I hate' topic where we can rant on about whatever it is we hate.... :roll:

People really bother me sometimes when it comes to how mean and closed minded they can be. At work here they are passing out forms for a petition to ban gay marriage. Now, everyone has an opinion on that, but no matter what the issue is, it isn't right to put people on the spot and try to pressure them into siding with you. I had people surrounding my desk, waiting for me to fill out the form, talking about how sinful gay people are, and all that. I don't really get involved with political stuff, or get into discussions about religion here at work because it causes alot of tension. But when I told them I didn't want to discuss it, they labled me as "Part of the problem." This happens with other issues too. I just think it's shitty how people can walk around insulting other people's beliefs and opinions, but when you question their own beliefs or opinions, they can't handle it. The whole 'I'm right, you're wrong' attitude.

Ok, done. :wink:
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Didnt you know that religion itself gives people the excuse to behave anyway they want to because they are "Upholding God's Ideals"? Its funny really.. Religious people are typically the biggest hypocrits in exsistance. And what is ironic about that is that almost every religion teaches acceptance of your fellow man, regardless of their beliefs, worst case you will get religions that will teach their followers to "Convert the heathen masses to save their souls", Yet somehow.. people manage to twist their religious teachings so that it suits whatever purpose they have. I would bet everything I own that nowhere in the Koran are their teachings that tell muslims to ram jet airliners into skyscrapers because the people in the skyscrapers are heathens. Granted this is a massive generalization.. but you get my point. I just find it ironic that Christians, Catholics, Protestants, Muslims and all the variations of these religions all teach you to love your fellow man.. but somehow the followers of these religions end up doing and having done some of the most gruesome crimes against humanity throughout the ages. Which is why I dont believe in organized religions.. I do believe God exsists.. but I dont believe God would want me or any other man to arbitrarily decide what it is God wants me to do. Organized religion does indeed have a purpose, its purpose is to control people. To get as many people to believe the same teachings and or ideals as they can.

Now dont get me wrong.. I do think that there is good that comes from religions.. but much like anything else.. becoming obsessed with anything is not good and leads to mental instability. If people would follow the teachings rather than the religion leaders, I think things would be a lot better overall. Just my two cents.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Being a Pagan/Wiccan myself, I can identify with what T/C said. People are constantly imposing thier values upon me. I feel that it is assanine that people believe that being a part of a mainstream religion, gives you a liscense to force your values on others. Though my religion differs from that of most of those religions, I don't go around spouting my views on them. The problem, if you will, is that there is freedom of choice and freedom of religion in this country, so there will always be fanatics running around. I believe that most of the religions going around bashing Gays and Abortion forgot that, while there is freedom of religion here, there is also freedom from it! I respect the fact that we all have the right to worship as we please, but no matter what religion you are, you should have the courtesy to not impose it on others if they choose not to be involved. My .02
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Religion really gets twisted when people mold and shape it to fit their own idea of a "perfect" way to live in order to get to heaven, or wherever. I'm christian but sometimes, alot of times I feel like there's too much religion invovled. I have my own ideas and opinions on things but I don't feel the need to be heard, the need for people to see my point.

I grew up in a very extreme christian church, so believe me, I know how weird it can be. Some people are taught that if you aren't loud about religion then you're going to hell. Or if you don't "save" a bunch of people, you're going to hell. Then there's the thing where if you have problems in your life, it's because you aren't a real christian and are going to hell. Haha. It pisses me off, and I can see why people want to stay as far away from it as possible. People's stupidity just gets in the way.

I just think people cross a line when they gang up on someone to intimidate them into agreeing with them. It's just wrong. Maybe if they tried a different approach... like paying me to fill out the petition... THEN maybe I would have played along. :wink: Kidding...but yeah...all done.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Unfortunately I cannot, in good conscience, participate in this thread cuz... it would be a violation of my s/n. :wink: Damn, I hate it when that happens. Oops.
Image -Jim
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

As a Christian, I don't refer to myself as "religious," and I agree with most of what was said. I live my life as a testimony to my beliefs. I believe in the Bible and will gladly share with anyone interested, but I won't try to cram it down anyone's throat.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

neutral wrote:Unfortunately I cannot, in good conscience, participate in this thread cuz... it would be a violation of my s/n. :wink: Damn, I hate it when that happens. Oops.

LMAO....I Love it!!!!!

The threads title is "Don't you hate" and now it's evolved into discussions of religion.....amazing?!?!?

While I was flipping through and saw the title my first reaction was to comment on the title itself. From a very early age I've always been on my daughters case to not use the word "Hate". To me, it's a word that is too easily used and thrown about and that's the message I was trying to impress upon my daughter. When I hear "I hate this" or "I hate that" I question her as to why she has these extremely strong feelings about "this or that". When it comes right down to it after her and I have talked about it, we find that perhaps there could have been a better choice of words used to make her point. Perhaps it's a petty pet peave of mine. So if you ask me, is there something I hate, I'm almost tempted to say, YA... "I hate it when people say... I HATE"....but I won't say that. There are many more choices and words that would be more appropriate. The word, Hate, is so mean, vindictive, degrading, judgemental and final, that it's a word I try to avoid as much as possible, especially when referring to people.
my 2 pennies...again
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Off-Topic”