Klze Engine Serial #

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

uhh..have you removed the intake manifold? are the ports square?

i thought the proper head codes were KL31-1A1?
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
ProjekMX3
Supporting Member

Post by ProjekMX3 »

I removed the intake manifold and the runners were square but the ports were rounded. I'm just as confused as you go figure. Compression test doesn't lie tho. For pics of my heads, IM yada yada go here http://www.cardomain.com/id/projekmx3 and head codes were KL-101 and KL-1A1.
92 GS, 210 psi per cylinder KL-101 Engine, Pacesetter Exhaust, Centerforce DF, CAI, Hi Flow Cat, Headers.
By Spring 06: Megasquirt and FPR
By Fall 06: KL-31 Heads with Interprep Cams
shawno

Post by shawno »

Yeah u have the same engine that i do u have the KL 69 intake with the square ports and the flat pistons prob 10:1 compression and the worng head with the oval ports.
I have the same situation there.

Is it still fast would is still put out the 200 hp. because i would think it wouldnt the air would get messed up and lose power.
Plus we have the KL 01 cams there the lest aggesive one, we need the KL 31.
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

Don't worry, you probably got one of the newer klze's. I had a customer with exactly the same engine kl101 and kl1a1 heads, D-shape intake and square for the intake manifold. He had it on a dyno and pulled 201hp (175whp).

Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”