KLZE swap transmission

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SS-MG

KLZE swap transmission

Post by SS-MG »

What trans is the best choice to mate to the KLZE?

I am looking for opinion and experience more than hard data. Also how is eBay for buying the engine? Good Idea, Bad Idea?

Thank you.
>1993 MX-3 GS, KYB GR-2 Struts, Black Altezza Tails, Clear Front Signals.
-In Process: Curved Neck KLZE, KL-31 ecu, Mx-6 Tranny, XTD Stage III Clutch, Mazdaspeed Engine Mounts, SRD Crossmember Bushings,
>1992 MX-3 RS stock.... mostly.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

use your stock transmission as long as its 5spd. and not auto
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

MX6 5spd has a taller 5th gear
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

Talon_66 wrote:MX6 5spd has a taller 5th gear
close... but not quite.. it is the final drive gear that is different and it affects all gears but more noticably in 5th.
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

Go for the mx-6 trans, I know I love it on my klze!

Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Black Magic wrote:Go for the mx-6 trans, I know I love it on my klze!
Bastian
That's something I think I should consider very soon. After seeing Gro snap his axle like he did, and me getting all sorts of torque steer to the right when I snap her at low speeds. I've read about a few people getting an LSD tranny. Was this TX originally for the MX6? Would it also be safe to say that it has a similar (taller) final drive rear also? I really don't think the MX3 TX can stand up to a lot of the torque and power from the ZE.

Bastian, nice to hear from you again!!! How do (sp?) - That's North Brabant talk....LOL
Last edited by jschrauwen on May 19th, 2005, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

the mx-3 tranny will hold up to your cars power. It has the same gear ratio as the probe and there are a lot of probes putting down a$$ loads of power and the trans. holds it perfectly fine. Also if the mx3's mtx wont hold up to the power then neither will the mx6/626 mtx.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mxmaz wrote:the mx-3 tranny will hold up to your cars power. It has the same gear ratio as the probe and there are a lot of probes putting down a$$ loads of power and the trans. holds it perfectly fine. Also if the mx3's mtx wont hold up to the power then neither will the mx6/626 mtx.
Good to know Maz. Not to jack the thread SS-MG, Maz - What benefits if any does one stand to gain by opting for an LSD for their ZE? Is it only me or do others get that pull or torque steer to the right under hard acceleration, say second gear from slow speeds?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Bling Bling

KLZE swap transmission

Post by Bling Bling »

I unfortunately have an auto in my MX. When I do the swap, should I keep the auto so I don't need to change the harness and all the extras to convert. Besides, doesn't the KLZE come with the auto unless specified?
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
SS-MG

Post by SS-MG »

Thanks for the info. I am opting for the MX6 MTX. I will be calling the shop to finalize the sale tomorrow! Woo HOO!!!

I will keep you guys posted about the progress. Should have it done by the end of summer.
>1993 MX-3 GS, KYB GR-2 Struts, Black Altezza Tails, Clear Front Signals.
-In Process: Curved Neck KLZE, KL-31 ecu, Mx-6 Tranny, XTD Stage III Clutch, Mazdaspeed Engine Mounts, SRD Crossmember Bushings,
>1992 MX-3 RS stock.... mostly.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”