Looking for a donation.. K8 - KLZE swap owners..

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Looking for a donation.. K8 - KLZE swap owners..

Post by Tunes67 »

Any of you KLZE guys got your stock K8 Throttle body laying around? If so.. and its gathering dust.. would anyone be willing to donate it to me for a good cause? I am currently doing a FAQ on the TB for the DOHC 1.6L, how to adjust it, adjust & test the TPS, IAC & Idle bypass circuit cleaning, etc.. I would like to do a FAQ for the K8 TB as well since its a bit different.. but I dont have one to work with.. anyone feeling generous? :) Would need to have the TPS still on it.. doesnt matter if the TPS is good or not.. just need a visual on it. :) TIA

Tunes67
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Sorry I cant help but have you tried looking in a junk yard?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Yeah I have.. none of the local junkyards have a K8 MX-3 to yank the TB from.. and I am not sure what other Mazda's had the K8 in it to look for.

Also.. this doesnt need to be a permanent donation.. if preferred.. the TB can be easily returned cleaned and adjusted free of charge.. I just need to take pics and write up the how to on it.

Tunes67
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Hey, bro. I still have mine on the K8. It's just catching rain outside. I really don't think I'll be needing it. Everything should still work as the engine ran fine while it was in. You pay shipping? I have no idea how much it'd be...
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Yeah I can pay shipping.. I'll PM you the info.. you should be able to send it C.O.D. To me since the address you are sending it too is a business.. so you wont have anything coming out of pocket.. I just pay UPS when it gets here. And thanks man :)

Tunes67
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

PM Sent :)

Tunes67
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

Tunes67 wrote:Yeah I have.. none of the local junkyards have a K8 MX-3 to yank the TB from.. and I am not sure what other Mazda's had the K8 in it to look for.

Also.. this doesnt need to be a permanent donation.. if preferred.. the TB can be easily returned cleaned and adjusted free of charge.. I just need to take pics and write up the how to on it.

Tunes67
there's 2 in the scrap yard i go to, and i could get it for about $20

if you want i could get it and ship it to ya.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I appreciate the offer and I may take you up on that if I dont hear from Nallboy about his.. I literally have no use for it except just to do the FAQ write up.. Likely after I am finished I will sell it on the buy/sell forum and have the cash go straight to MX-3.com. At least it will be clean and properly adjusted :D

Tunes67
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

same TPS as the KL KF...all of the TPS's say "KL02" on them.

BTW: there are already at least 2 decent how-to's on adjusting TPS on probetalk. no link on here tho that i know of
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Thanks Gro.. I will look those up.. It just seemed to be a fairly common issue so I thought I would do up a FAQ with pics and such. I already have the B6DE throttle body pics taken and the faq partially written.. just want to go over everything with my local mazda tech so I dont post incorrect info. Should be good to have around I hope. Cheers

Tunes67
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Hey, I took it off my K8 last night. I gotta clean it up a little (and drain it), and I plan on shipping it Monday. Sound okay?
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Works for me man.. :) Thanks :)
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

PM sent
TB sent
:2thumbsup:
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Thanks again man :)

Just want to also say that this is the sort of thing that makes this site great. And one of the many fantastic things about owning a MX-3. I liked my car when I bought it. But the more I get into it.. the more I love it and that is something that doesnt just happen with any car. In the immortal words of Abraham Lincoln (From Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure anyway) "Party On Dudes!!" :lol:

Tunes67

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”