Klze engine prob

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
shawno

Klze engine prob

Post by shawno »

I just bought a klze and the head code says kL-1A1 is that a true J- spec engine. And the wireing harness was cut in half so i need a new will the wireing harnes from the 1.8L fit on the 2.5L. And one more thing there was a hole in the oil pan will the 1.8L oil pan fit on the 2.5L. Thanks
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You don't need the wiring harness from the KLZE, the stock wiring harness will do the job
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

The oil pan will fit.

kL-1A1 should be American spec heads.
shawno

Post by shawno »

the head says mazda DOHC 24 valve but the head code is KL 1A1 so is that the american version and not the J spec
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

Before you dump it in swap the coolant neck sensors.... or else your fans will piss you off ALOT
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

that is a KLDE, not a KLZE
shawno

Post by shawno »

Well i called the jdm place i got the engine from and they said 100% is a japan motor and the head codes says KL 1A1 and they said it was a japan motor for sure does anyone no, for sure that it is.
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

bmwm3guy wrote:that is a KLDE, not a KLZE
AGAIN, just search the site if you dont believe me.. its been covered too many times to count.

KL31 101 and KL31 1A1 means a KLZE
KL 101 and KL1A1 means a KLDE

EDIT: If you still dont buy it, Ill take a pic of my ZE block to prove it to you. :lol: So dont take any sh*t from this engine company, they're hardcore jerking you around.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Take a pic of it and post it up. What does the intake manifold look like? what cams does it have?
It is probably a klde, ford sent probes over to japan with klde motors. So the place you got it from is telling the truth that it is 100% jdm. But that doesnt mean it is a klze. It has happened a nice few times that people end up with klde's from engine suppliers that only get engines from Japan.
shawno

Post by shawno »

hey so the head code does say KL 1A1, but the cover says mazda, so it could be from japan but stillbe an american motor so it wont be the the true 200 hp
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

If it's a curved neck one, it still could be a klze with 200hp. We had one too, installed it, put it on a dyno and it had 175whp. Could you post a pic.

Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

Black Magic wrote:If it's a curved neck one, it still could be a klze with 200hp. We had one too, installed it, put it on a dyno and it had 175whp. Could you post a pic.

Bastian
If it says KL101 then NO, it is not a ZE. Plain and simple. Sounds like it may be a hybrid motor that someone threw together to try and sell as a ZE. I dunno, but I would be pissed.
jordan69

Post by jordan69 »

correction, i ordered a j-spec engine and it came with the ms8 curved necked manifold and it had kl101 and kl1a1 on the heads, i read somewhere on here that all that means is that it is the low compression ZE motor, with 9.2:1 compression instead of the 10:1, and has 190hp, instead of the 200hp, and i have this engine in my car and i can tell you for sure it is alot more power than the KLDE 165 hp engine.
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a White guy, the best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

low compression ZE motor eh? :roll: Somehow I seriously doubt that

isnt a KLDE a "low compression ZE motor" then? lol
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

bmwm3guy wrote:low compression ZE motor eh? :roll: Somehow I seriously doubt that

isnt a KLDE a "low compression ZE motor" then? lol
This was discussed quite sometime ago, but IanL proved there was such a thing and he even posted a website that listed all the mazda engines and their rating. I believe the lower compression ones had 187hp and were a lot newer in year. Anyone know where IanL is? havent seen him in a while.
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”