Burger King Commercial

Off-Topic Discussions
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Burger King Commercial

Post by Tunes67 »

Anyone seen the BK commercial where the guy pulls up his blinds on his window to find this huge plastic looking smiling king looking guy holding a breakfast sandwich? This commercial somewhat disturbs me.. I dunno about you guys.. but if I found that weirdass looking plastic king dude at my window.. I would either call the cops or grab a baseball bat.. What are marketing companies thinking? Who would possibly think that would be entertaining or at the least.. appealing? :roll: Ok.. I've had my little rant.. its just weird and creepy.. LOL

Tunes67
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

:laugh: I was just watching TV (something I rarely have time to do anymore) w/ my bro and saw that commercial. I said the same exact thing. Wasn't there one where the "King" is smiling on the bed next to a dude? Why is he so happy anyway? :confused2: Creepy plastic fudgepacker.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Nallboy wrote: :confused2: Creepy plastic fudgepacker.

lol :lol:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Yep.. and then the guy opens the window for him as well.. I mean to me.. this is the same sort of thing as the dumb chick in horror movies that hears a noise in the basement.. all the power goes out.. and the phone is dead.. but she decides she better go to the basement and check out that noise.. :roll: I mean.. who writes this crap? LOL

Tunes67
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

heh :lol:
He's just standing there with that big grin on his face...
"You want to give me what? That's ok, man. Anything you like to call 'meat-normous' I'd rather you keep to yourself."
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Thats what I said when I watch their stupid commercials, Id beat the @)*$ out of that "king" those commercials are so homo. BK used to be my fav fast food place and it changed after I saw those commecials. I think theyre loosing customers besides me lol. Just like it happened to Quizno's subs when they had those dead hamster look-alikes in commercials
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Just like it happened to Quizno's subs when they had those dead hamster look-alikes in commercials
No doubt.. man those things were the most annoying disgusting thing I have ever seen used for advertising.. I havent bought one of their subs since.. and wont either.. Thats some twisted crap they were doing and I dont want my food to be twisted crap.. LOL

Tunes67
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I saw the first ever commercial featuring this disturbing bastard. A guy wakes up in bed and the dude is chillin' in his bed holding a breakfast sandwhich. I swear to you all that this mofo gives me nightmares. Therfore I must agree with you all. Disturbing and creepy! And this is coming from me... A man who watches horror flicks 24-7, i'm even filming my own movie soon! On a side note, the BK guy is way better than the commercial for that cheddar ranch sandwich with freakin HOotie!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Hey.. just turn off the volume on the Hootie commercial.. the women have a bit too much makeup.. but without the sound.. at least there is a bit of eye candy ;)

Tunes67
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

true dat, tunes! :lol: 8)
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

It's supposed to be creepy, It keeps your attention. Also, I bet there isn't a single person who doesn't remember that the "scary king commercial" is a BurgerKing one. It's marketing at it's most vicious.

First time I saw that one (first one was the king in the bed) I couldn't stop thinking about what my girlfriend taught me about old Europe back in the age of kings and such... Apparently, when a kingdom invaded another that they hated, the king would proceed to capture the other king, and then rape him. It was a form of humiliation, basically saying "I owned you!!".

SO CREEPY!!1one
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Glad I dont eat at BK then.. I tend to boycott places that have retarded ad campaigns.. Old Navy so far has the longest boycott for the dumbest commercials ;) I rarely reward advertising though.. I note new products and if its something I need.. I will get it when I need it. Commercials on TV should be banned or at least massively reduced IMO.. ;)

Tunes67
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Ah that king doesn't scare me. After all, he's the king of burgers, the king of cooked meat. Doesn't sound like something to be very proud of. His burgers suck, and he's so desperate to get customers that he's degrading himself, setting aside all pride, to go to total stranger's houses and surprise them with food! In that commercial where the guy opens his blinds, the king even goes to far as to threaten to feed him to all the blood thirsty animals that gather around the king. It's harassment!

Ok, that's all.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

LMAO.. Dunno.. I still think a big plastic king looking dude outside your window or in your bed is just creepy.. especially with that weirdo smile on his face ;)

Tunes67
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

:lol: LMAO!!!

Return to “Off-Topic”