she's...pregnant...

Off-Topic Discussions
Nallboy
Supporting Member

she's...pregnant...

Post by Nallboy »

Yeah. It finally happened. I remember all the good times we had. After all the nights on top of her (and underneath her), after all the days just lying around, after pouring all the love I had into her... Then again, with the way I was going about things, I guess it was inevitable. Throughout our relationship, I've always done things slowly, taking my time, but two nights ago I was kinda rushing it, not being as careful as usual. Now I'm gonna have to pay for it. You see, I was screwing her - I mean screwing in the last bolt on the steering pump bracket, and about 1" in, it snapped off into the block - "impregnated" as my old man called it. It won't come out for anything (yes, I tried just about everything), but no worries. Pops fabbed me a new bracket that'll bolt into a different (unused) hole. I'll just have to remember to be more careful next time. :wink:
Last edited by Nallboy on April 7th, 2005, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

You tried drilling the bolt and using a Easy Out? Make sure you use the screw type Easy Outs.. the square type suck.

Tunes67
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

yeah, tried it. The bolt snapped because it was so hard to get it to turn in any farther. I cleaned out the hole first ( I have alot of muddauber wasps that like to fill 'em in). It's such a pain to get to underneath it all. It's alright though; like I said, the new bracket should work just fine.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

LMAO!!!, but yeah, sorry about the bolt breakage, glad you got it sorted out though :wink:
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Too bad to hear about what happened... Are you're parents taking it well?
Its usually the hardest on the father.. They understand what it can be like when you move along too fast. When you just cant wait for the lube to penetrate the hole. You just have to take your tool and screw it, righ then and there. Once you got a look at it, you just cant hold back any longer!!! The Pushing, the twisting, the hammering!!! Ohh the hammering! Something had to give... something always gives....
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Franko.. I think you are spending too much time working on your car.. ;) But then.. if I had that much fun working on my car.. I might get a lot more done ;)

Tunes67

Return to “Off-Topic”