First post - just dropped off my car

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a nicely modded Euro or Asian car with flames...............wait now....it'll come to me. At any rate, why not go with what works, tried and true, something that's timeless and not here today gone tomorrow. Some of the most tastefull car colours come from the Euro cars, Mercedes, Audi, Peugot, Fiat, VW and Porsche....no flames there. Add to that list Lexus, Infinity and Acura.......oh, no flames there either...................LOL
In the end, it's your car. It just appears to me that that's just getting a little toooo BLING...IMO. What's wrong with the original colour? Aside from the '93 Raspberry colour, I think all of the MX's colour schemes were just fine....IMO
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

actually i like raspberry metallic color on my GS SE, ill be installing some black/gun metal wheels and its gonna make it look even better and my c/f inverted hood sets it apart and makes it looks JDM, ive got few compliments on it, even though it needs paint job
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

"Some of the most tastefull car colours come from the Euro cars, Mercedes, Audi, Peugot, Fiat, VW and Porsche....no flames there. Add to that list Lexus, Infinity and Acura.......oh, no flames there either...................LOL"

Wow...no kidding, all those straight-from-the-maunfacturers paintjobs and no flames?

NO KIDDING - this is why this is all called "after market"...

Some of the most tasteful, and some of the most boring.

"92 GS, KLZE, Millinnea-IM, KL68-TB, KL02-VAF, KL01-ECU, Unorthodox UDP, 626 Clutch, MX3 FW, MS Headers, SS 2.5" Catback, MagnaFlow, STS, CAI, KYB's, B&G's, Ractive Fr&Rr Strut Braces, Wheels?, 17" Proxes, GTR Wing, Combat Chin Spoiler, Pakfiefer Rear Apron, OEM Sideskirts, Clear Turn & sides, Black Altezza's, J-Spec Lights"

That's all manufacturer spec? Gee...why don't you pick on the cars sold here that try to be JDM? Oh wait... I guess, in your book, that'd be 'trying to be original' or some crap :p
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

After checking more of the site out, I also plan to put in some civic projectors - just need to sort through threads to find someone with a solution that works - or turn it all over to my fibreglass guy to come up with his own :D
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

any news on how things are going? i dont know how long it takes a guy to put on a body kit, but i just thought i'd check in and see whats up :roll:

i'd like to see some pictures when its all done 8)

ps. where do you live?
1993 RS Teal
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

I was told it'd be about three days until he saw my fenders were in good shape and he could use them to make a Z3 style mould. Now it'll be a week and a half to two weeks, plus painting.

The car's in Edmonton, I'm just south of it. I'll be in the city on Friday, hopefully in time to swing by and get some pics of how it's going.
jbruynson

Post by jbruynson »

hey im from edmonton too, just wondering how much you were charged for all the work? with and without the paintjob? Thanks
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

For the front/back/sides/spoiler/hood it's running me $2,500 or so. The fenders are free, because my car is providing the moulds. Not sure if he tossed in anything else or not. That's without paint.
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

OK - so I saw my car on Friday and it's in pieces :|

The fenders are done, he's going to make the moulds now, then the car starts to take shape next week.

I picked up some Civic 01-03 projectors, and Rob is making the necessary "adjustments" to fit them in.

I need to get the car done, as he wants to use it in his booth at Powerama - coming up quick. Exciting to think about having my car in the show, and makes me groan thinking of all the work that has to be done before it's really ready for that.
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

Chronicle-Rod wrote: As to why ghosting is a strong contender - a friend had a Mustang, prior to it meeting a deer, that was painted flat black with a flat gray ghost flame along the front. You couldn't see the flames at all from over six feet away, unless the light was hitting it juuuust right.
If your car is a daily driver I wouldn't waste the money on ghosted flames. Nobody is going to notice them if the light has to be "just right". If your car is going to be a show car then go for it, people will actually get to see the flames then.

Have you thought about painting your car a silver or gunmetal color? I think that might look pretty good. I wouldn't go with that green though.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

It's driven, but not often.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

What???, No racey stripes???
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

I've never seen one with stripes, got any pictures?
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

Get to pick it up this week sometime. Bringing it back home to get the exhaust finished and the paint done - then it sits in my garage for a week or so until it goes back to the city for Powerama.

Return to “Appearance”