RX7 Turbo on BP. Lag????

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
BuGS

RX7 Turbo on BP. Lag????

Post by BuGS »

Hey does anyone know or even think when a S5 (Series 5 89-92) Turbo Would spool to full boost on a BP engine? It is suppose to be like a T3/T4 turbo. It anyone could help. Thanks!

Clayton
What

Post by What »

Rotaries burn much hotter than a piston engine and the exhaust housing on their turbos are generally too big to provide decent spool when used on a piston engine. A proper T3/T4 should spool much quicker.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Well I will find out. I am getting it for a real good price so I can always try.

Clayton
What

Post by What »

Well post results and dynos when it's done. I'm not sure I see the logic to it, as you can pick up mitsu 14bs for pretty cheap that will spool much earlier and provide 300hp. Even a $100 difference in turbo choice would be well worth it in the end. The exhaust side A/R of 1.00 on the series 5 turbos really is not what I would phrase as a 'hot combination' for a BP as it's a laggy turbo, even on the rotary. I'm not trying to discourage you from saving a few bucks, but I would honestly look around at options a little more.

Return to “Forced Induction”