1996 Red MX-3 RS *PICS ADDED*

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
hunt

1996 Red MX-3 RS *PICS ADDED*

Post by hunt »

4 cylinder, 1.6L, Red exterior, stock interior, 177 kms, 5 speed, Air Conditioning, Power mirrors, 15" alloy honeybomb wheels, very clean car, runs great, zero rust on body

New Driveshaft
New Front Left Wheel Bearing
New Alternator and Fan belts
Four new kenwood 5 1/4" speakers

It has my Pioneer PEH-7600 deck in it right now, but i'm probably gonna take that with me but i can re-install the stock AM/FM cassette plater or i will pay to put a simple cd/cd-r aftermarket deck in for you.

Does NOT include sub, and amp.

Located in Whitby, Ontario (about 30 minutes east of Toronto)

Cert. & e-test $4700 CDN obo.
or $4500 CDN as is

http://photobucket.com/albums/y21/hunt_mx3/
Thanks,
Scott.
Last edited by hunt on March 9th, 2005, 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hunt

Post by hunt »

bump
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Not saying your car isnt nice or anything.. but a few posts down there was a fully loaded GS version going for $1000 less than you are asking. Might want to visit http://www.kellybluebook.com and get an idea of what your ride is really worth. Or maybe use it as a trade in so you can get more out of it.

Tunes67
hunt

Post by hunt »

also 2 years older and 50,000 more kms

don't worry about me man i'm not in a hurry to sell, and keep your comments to yourself, no need to kill someones sale
hunt

Post by hunt »

OBO... price is NOT firm

throw me some offers people
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Look man.. I was only trying to help. If you think you can get that much for it.. more power too you.. but if you think its worth that.. you should check yourself into a mental institution. Dont bite off the head of reality simply because it doesnt match your own little reality.

Tunes67
hunt

Post by hunt »

okay you're valid to your opinion.. but i wouldn't see you too happy if i came into your thread and starting bashing you .... so just leave it alone and if your not interested in the car then don't post in my thread

peace
Too much Time

Post by Too much Time »

since he's from whitby, ON

The price is most likely CDN

It's annoying how we get mixed up some times in the currency conversion.

Honestly Hunt, 4500 is not bad , If it was a GS, I would drive the 20 mins to whitby and check it out.

BTW, to convert from $CDN to $US, $cdn amount / Exchange rate

Good luck with that
95 240sx S14 - Yes, I go Sideways
hunt

Post by hunt »

thanks buddy i appreciate it
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Hmm.. ok.. I'll take your word for it.. converted $4700 can into $3875 US.. Ok.. I bought my 94 RS with 120k Miles on it.. excellent condition just needing tires and some engine work for $1600.

Really I am not trying to bash you here.. if that is what they go for in your area.. thats great. I did miss that you were from Whitby Ontario.. and yes that does make a difference. I apologize if the way I worded my original statement seemed like I was attacking you.. that was NOT my intent.. my intent was to show you that I believed you didnt know the value of the car. Maybe thats what they sell for up there. *Shrugs* But also consider this.. even if that is what they go for there.. that has to be top dollar.. And you are posting it for top dollar on a board where everyone here lives, breathes and eats MX-3 on a daily basis. Most everyone here is going to know a good deal when they see it.

Now I am NOT saying that what you are offering isnt a good deal. I guess I just got really lucky with mine is all ;) Please accept my apologies, I was only trying to help. And just out of curiosity.. what did the kelly bluebook page show the value of your ride to be in your area? It goes by zip code (and yes in my area the $1600 I paid for my car was a good deal.. blue book was $2600 on it)

Tunes67
hunt

Post by hunt »

i can't use that website because i live in canada and we don't have zip codes lol
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Ahh.. I thought they would have something for canadian postal codes as well.. well there is also the http://www.nada.com. But they dont seem to take features and condition into account when calculating the value of the vehicle.. at least not as well as Kellybluebook does. In anycase.. best of luck on the sale.

Tunes67
Cyn

Post by Cyn »

OMG $1600 US for a 94 is an amazing deal! To get a decent car around here is at least $3500, and that's for the older years and usually something is needs to be fixed. I'm looking for a 96 but I really want a GS cuz I'm so used to mine. Good luck with the sale!
'99 ECLIPSE SPYDER GS-T
'95 Talon TSI ~ FOR SALE
'95 MX3 RS - SOLD
'93 MX3 GS - SOLD
'92 MX3 GS - SOLD
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Well it wasnt a bad deal.. but only because I can work on cars and have a fair amount of connections.. my car had a burned valve and needed a tune up badly. (Runs great now though) I spent $800 getting the head removed & replaced.. Spent $230 on parts to rebuild the head (labor on the rebuild was free) and had to put tires on it as well.. but overall the car is in excellent mechanical condition. Basically I ended up spending out of pocket total to get this car in good operating condition just under $3000. I could have done the head R&R myself, but I didnt have the extra time to do it so I paid (overpaid IMO) a shop to get it done fast. Though they also swapped in a New O2 sensor and a rebuilt set of fuel injectors while they were at it. So while $1600 wasnt a bad price.. I knew when I bought it that it would need work. The seller was asking $2100 and I talked him town to $1600 cash.

Tunes67
hunt

Post by hunt »

PICTURES ADDED!!!!

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”