ZE swap done!! Have a couple question.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

ZE swap done!! Have a couple question.

Post by MX-3 Money »

So I finally got the ze sawp all done. I've missed my car so much these last 2 months. But I have a couple questions, so if anyone could help that would be sweet. So my check engine light is on, but nothing seems to be wrong with the car. Im thinking its just the fact that theres a different egine and ecu in the car and it hasn't recognized it yet. Now I bought my ecu from bubbaflaat on this borad and he says that the ecu is a kl36. Now im not saying its the wrong one, but if it was could I pull a code and find out? What would the code say? Plus my idle is a little up and down, it will rev by itself up and down. Would that be the idle screw not set right? But if anyone has some info to help me break this engine in, it would be welcomed.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

That seems a little sketchy. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i dont think that true ze ecu's will give a cel :? . Did you pull the codes to see what they were?
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

you mean ze's don't have codes? you could be right, i don't know. I am going to wait a while and see if the light will go off on its own. it might just need time for everything to reset.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

no jdm ecu has OBD of any kind...thats an north american thing

if it is pulling codes he scammed you
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Do u have any pics of the ecu? It should look like this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

i'd be willing to bet he sold you a k8 ecu
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

Gro Harlem wrote:no jdm ecu has OBD of any kind...thats an north american thing

if it is pulling codes he scammed you
You may also not have the harness hooked up correctly, I believe there is a mismatch with the harness and the hookups which causes a CEL light, easily fixed but you SHOULD not be able to get a code from it. It is just an unpluged wire which causes the light to come on.
Invisible
93 GS Tropical Emerald Metallic MTX 1.8L
Invisible

Re: ZE swap done!! Have a couple question.

Post by Invisible »

MX-3 Money wrote:So I finally got the ze sawp all done. I've missed my car so much these last 2 months. But I have a couple questions, so if anyone could help that would be sweet. So my check engine light is on, but nothing seems to be wrong with the car. Im thinking its just the fact that theres a different egine and ecu in the car and it hasn't recognized it yet. Now I bought my ecu from bubbaflaat on this borad and he says that the ecu is a kl36. Now im not saying its the wrong one, but if it was could I pull a code and find out? What would the code say? Plus my idle is a little up and down, it will rev by itself up and down. Would that be the idle screw not set right? But if anyone has some info to help me break this engine in, it would be welcomed.
The self revving could be alot of things, Check your pcv valve, then your hoses for leaks, mine turned out to be my clutch spring.
Invisible
93 GS Tropical Emerald Metallic MTX 1.8L
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

HA i wish my ecu looked like that. I figured he might have scammed me. The sticker was warn off and "kl36 speed limter removed" was writen in magic marker. I guess im just to trusting. So just to get this clear, would my check engine light come on if it was a k8 ecu? I'll have to check my hoses on the weekend, but as for the wiring harness mix up, the harness has some extra plugs i believe that didn't seem to go anywhere. Is that normal? The shop were i go it done didn't say anything about that. Oh i wish i knew more about cars....lol.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Got a digital camera? Take some pics of the ECU and the wiring harness around it.. post them on Cardomain or something so that the ZE guru's here can take a look at your set up.. be much easier for them to tell if everything is as it should be.

Tunes67
chertel

Post by chertel »

Just wanted to ask you a question. The ecu, is it located behind the cd player on the floor in the middle of the dash? And is it easy to remove and replace. with the cork sport ecu? Also when doing the swap can you use the motor mounts from the 1.8L for the 2.5?
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Dont get a corksport ecu, get a real ze ecu. And you can use your motor mounts
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

You guys must be kidding, for most of you as search would come up with all the right answers like 13 in a dosen.

Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

There should be a concurrent thread running now that describes how to pull codes with a real ZE ECU by using an led instead of a wire to jump certain terminals in the diag box. I believe it was someone else experiencing similar problems overseas. It's in here.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”