You might just crap your pants

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.

Which would you like?

Supercharger?
31%
Turbocharger?
69%

Total votes: 29

babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

you got a point there
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
rdawg000

Post by rdawg000 »

i don't really find the price that bad i mean if u have a civic or whatever and buy a kit from revhard or greddy or hks ur gonna be paying close to 4000 us anyways!! i mean my good friend just got done buidling his motor and bought a stage 3 rev hard turbo kit and it was close too 6500 and the base stage 1 was something like 5000! soo i mean i think the pricing isn't all that bad
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I suppose it comes down to bang for the buck.. What kind of horsepower gains are you looking at from running a supercharger? What is involved in prepping the engine to handle the additional stresses? Is the cost to power gain ratio worth it or would NOS or a Turbo be better? Of these 3.. I would think NOS would give you the most returns for $$$ spent.. just kinda guessing here.. been a while since I was up on the pricing for this stuff and then it was for small block V8's not V6's. I wasnt very clear in my original post in this thread.. $1150 + SC cost probably isnt that bad.. I just wish I had the resources to even consider doing such a thing ;)

Tunes67
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

in my case..i can get a ze with that price...or m od a klde o.0
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

rdawg000 wrote:i mean my good friend just got done buidling his motor and bought a stage 3 rev hard turbo kit and it was close too 6500 and the base stage 1 was something like 5000! soo i mean i think the pricing isn't all that bad
dude I've spent about 7000us and I have a full bulletproof block and heads with every turbo parts (brand new) for that price. I guess 5000 just for a turbo kit is wayy to much than it's worth
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
rdawg000

Post by rdawg000 »

hey im not denying you spent that much on ur car!! but go to rev hard man their kits as long with greddy there like 4000 us and by the time they get into canada they are like 5500 cnd!! i mean this company is like the only turbo kit maker for klze soo with no competition they can charge all they want!!!
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

I do NOT know why everyone keeps saying that bs about honda parts being cheaper. They are definately NOT cheaper, sure there are many more of them available, but the cheapest crappy stage 1 KIT i've seen for a honda was about 3000 dollars.
Then lets talk about engines... Just go to a good J-spec engine website and check the prices for the honda stuff, then our stuff. We've got it EASY dude.

That SC kit price is nice, even without the SC included. You can go make your own piping as well if you really don't like that.

Also, don't just look at a kit and say "2,000 bucks for 15% gain?? that sucks!"
Because when you install it, thats where they SET it to run at first, for safety.. You tune it to run at higher PSI's.

Quit whining! :roll:
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

those pipes wont fit the mx3. think about how much room we have in front of our motors. then think about where those charge pipes, and down pipe are running. not near enough room there. believe me i tried to put mine there. its just to tight unless you cut the crap out of the cross member. then the ground clearance will be next to nothing.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I emailed them a long time ago for a friend and I believe they said it didn't fit on the mx-3 but they were working on it. something a long those lines
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
rdawg000

Post by rdawg000 »

i just got an email from them and they say right now they are working on pipes for an mx-6 then probably if enough interest for the mx-3
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

papa roached wrote:gotta pay to play boys, we dont have a honda where everything is mass produced
true, although kits and aftermarket parts worth buying for honda cars are still substantially more expensive than kits available to cars like the probe, mx6, 626 and mx3.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

yea, but all their kits include fuel and engine managment, stuff like that is just pipes for us
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

hey that supercharger kit without the supercharger is made for the eaton m45 right? do any cars have eaton m45's on them stock? (grand prix GTP maybe?) it might be kind of risky but i cant find m45's online onder 2 grand.
what kind of car IS that?
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

Boost is fun.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

interesting find...

lol you guys are ballers on a budget.
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net

Return to “Forced Induction”