new problem for me !

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
CarMan1

new problem for me !

Post by CarMan1 »

ok, so im starting to go in my car, ive had some major moveing problems, but this time when i let the clutch out, there was a loud snap and i can let the clutch out in first gear and not go anywhere!! haha, well the car is otw to a tranny shop, to ill let ya guys know what that sound was if ya cant guess! ..... replaced almost the whole front end so ill have some guys who know their stuff take a look at it, should be driving it again friday!
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

I guess that clutch fork thing!!!!!

will I win anything!!!!! :lol:
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
CarMan1

Post by CarMan1 »

hehe, towing it down there tomorrow, should know by friday what it is.. if its that that shouldnt be too bad
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

isnt it past friday? what was it?

did it make a rattely grindey noise after it made the snap noise??

either what he said, the clutch fork thing or like me you've managed to make your cv explode :roll:
1993 RS Teal
CarMan1

Post by CarMan1 »

ok, well i blew up some gears inside the tranny, apparently when u ship a transmission, specially mazda ones, theres this thingy u put inside it to keep the synchros in-line... yah well lets just say this tranny didnt have that done, and well boom... i took it to a tranny shop, they said theyd have to rebuild it, since i blew up some spider gears, and another gear that is 650$ :( im havin it done, since now i have a completely new and warantied tranny...

total cost me 2k to have rebuilt, but its all performance stuff, so shouldnt happen again... yay me !

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”