New to Mazda

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
tool_girl6597

Post by tool_girl6597 »

With as much s--- that's going wrong with my car buying parts at the 7-11 sounds great
92' Teal 4 cylinder,5 speed MX-3. Desperately needing civic projectors converted
mamoo

Post by mamoo »

happyclown wrote:I say all cars suck, honda, mazda, domestic, import... they all suck!

its all about the driver, what they do with the car and how its driven.

A car is just a car. The driver makes the car what it is!

:lol:
"It's not the crate, it's the man driving the crate that counts."

-- The Red Baron
HapaJin

Post by HapaJin »

I hare myself for telling anyone to buy hondo but...get a crx!!! As the del sol's around here are known to be del slow's!!!(i'm noy putting down honda's dont worry)...but they are heavy cars!! think about power to wieght ratio's and a crx would beat a del sol!!
Actually if u look at the specs, the del sol has a better power to weight ratio in stock form. however even with engine swaps, the del sol still wins since u can easily swap in a gsr(B18C1) motor without having to modify anything. Then there is the H22 swap (Not worth it in my opinion) which requires some modification and hinders handling due to its weight, but makes the car much faster in a straight line. So basically what I'm saying is a Del Sol should not be considered slow especially by a MX-3 owner. in stock form they arent that different in terms of acceleration, not to mention the fact that the Del Sol VTEC(thats the trim level:s,si,vtec) had a B16 with 160hp weighing about the same as the V6 MX-3 which only has 130.

Oh and by the way im not trying to start a war between del sol and mx-3 owners. Theyre both great cars and we should just have fun driving them.
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Re: hate Honda????

Post by ovendenk »

tool_girl6597 wrote:But I'm going to buy a Del Sol or a CRX first so I can have another project lined up. Leaning more towards a Del Sol though. I'm not really into the civic scene..they're ok but not me. I like the sporty 2 seaters.
i know it's been a while since it was said, but aren't the del sol and the crx both civics? :P not to say i don't like them. in fact before i got my mx-3, i was determined to get a 90-91 crx si, but then i got my first mx-3 and fell in love. then i reallized the car i bought was in real crappy condition, so i got a second mx-3 even though it's color sucks (sorry to all those who like the teal color...lol) and i had the opportunity to get a crx si at the time. however, if you are going to school and learning about honda, there's no amount of mx love that will completely bring back your sanity. :D good luck with the mx though.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”