Insurance BULL !!!

Off-Topic Discussions
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Insurance BULL !!!

Post by GregoryChristian »

to make a long story short My girlfriend owns a 1996 Mazda Protege and while parked at a grocery store someone backed into her car damaging the left fender , headlight, parking lamp, and front bumper ...she calls State Farm to report the damage and an adjuster comes to look at the car and tells her that the damage is right at 75% the cost of the value of the car which he claims is worth $2,600, which here in Alabama is considered a Total loss. he then says that State farm office will contact her to either pick up the car or try to work someting out ... I then tell him that the car is not a stock Mazda Protege and that the value should be more because I have added a J-spec front Bumper and lip , Spoiler, Sideskirts, Sony Cd player, Sony Amp & Subwoofer, Sony front & rear speakers , and not to mention I painted the door handles and side view mirrors (which were black ) to match the exterior...he takes pictures of all the add ons and says that it should increase the value of the car and not make it total loss ....I sure hope this gets resolved soon because she lost her Mother last Monday and I sure don't want her to loose her car from something that wasn't even her fault ... you can check out her undamaged car here ....http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/458446
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

hmm if they dont write it off I hope she expects to pay a higher premium due to the custom parts that are on the car. When you start telling an insurance company about non-stock parts the price of insurance goes up due to the fact that it is more expensive in a lot of cases to replace these custom parts. This is why most people dont report that they have a body kit because it will drive up their insurance.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

if she decides to get check i would get as much $$ out of it and then take off all parts you can, i went to body shop when we had totaled tracer and i took parts that I wanted, they seemed to be ok with it
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
marcus2966

Insurance

Post by marcus2966 »

If I'm not mistaken, if you are to do any mod's to a car, you have to let the insurance company know ahead of time, so you wont be in this situation..
Roll with it or get rolled over mother%@#er!
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/478582_8_full.jpg
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Re: Insurance

Post by johnnyb »

marcus2966 wrote:If I'm not mistaken, if you are to do any mod's to a car, you have to let the insurance company know ahead of time, so you wont be in this situation..

thats if you want it totally covered, in this case he may have come out lucky but in the future the insurance company will more then likely raise the premiums now that they know the car is modded
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Are you guys insurance agents? You sound like one.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

lol no I'm not

I just have lots of experience with friends having their insurance climb or dropped cause of mods

Return to “Off-Topic”