oh boy, what a day!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

How's the estimate broken down? If they're giving an obnoxious quote for the hood itself, maybe a carbon fiber hood would actually be cheaper ........ then if you don't mind a black carbon fiber hood, then you might not even need to get any paint work because it looks like the bumper fascia can just be buffed out. :idea: :idea: :idea:
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

ive got good hood, im in WA state 99207
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
ZEmadman

Post by ZEmadman »

well, it's all over. the guy from the insurance co. called me back and they're going to total it. i'll walk away w/$1700 at the end of the day and if i want to keep the car i'll only get $1500. i dont know what to do, i know i'll have a hard time finding another mx around here and i've found a few "good deals" on other cars in the area, i'd just hate to get rid of my car.

no matter what though, i'll keep you guys posted on whats up. either way, wheather it's now or in 5 years, i'll buy another mx...i just love this car and was never able to swap in a ze and do all that fun stuff. so i will definately be back...

the estimate.

bumper: 140
grill: 44
cover plate: 61
rt headlamp: 81
lt headlamp: 348
upper tie bar: 89
center support: 63
hood: 290
emlem: 23
Lock fender: 57

totals.
parts: 1200
labor: 547
paint labor: 606
paint supp.: 345
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

So, you only loose $200 to keep a working car with a little body damage? Where's the cunnundrum? Take the f---ing car!

And like I said, if you get a carbon fiber hood, you don't need to worry about the $900 in estimated paint labor, at least from what I see in the pics.

Here you go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW
ZEmadman

Post by ZEmadman »

the only problem with keeping the car is...

1. no garage space
2. all repairs come out of pocket
3. not sure, even if i got the tie bar n' stuff reparied if i'd ever be able to do the swap. some bogus learance issures or something w/an aftermarket bar...???

youre right though 200 bucks is too easy to pass up...
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I don't know how much clearance issues there are with the strut bar with the ZE manifold, however if it's not that much difference, someone should try getting a machine shop to deck the mounting plate some to reduce the clearance if we're only talking about a 1/2" or something.
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Maybe there is someone on the board that is willing to take it off your hands for more then $200. See if you can work something out with someone quick becuase you can make more money. Something to think about atleast. Whats up with your headlight prices?
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

mx3TT wrote: Whats up with your headlight prices?
:werd:
ZEmadman

Post by ZEmadman »

they're broke...at least the passenger side one. i'll have to double check the other one
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

if yer gonna junk it, (bad idea) take off yer front bumper and lip and sell it to me. I'll even come to indy and pick it up. Pm me if interested. I wouldn't give up on this if I were you though, but if you do, I need that bumper, even if its a little messed up, its better than mine: http://www.msnusers.com/mypicturesofrimsforsale It's gotta be better than that!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

If we lived closer, I'd buy the whole car off ya. :cry:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Wow, you're right; that bumper's nasty. I'm getting a kit in a few months ($$$$pending). I'll have no need for my old bumper. When are you coming down here?
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Nallboy wrote:Wow, you're right; that bumper's nasty. I'm getting a kit in a few months ($$$$pending). I'll have no need for my old bumper. When are you coming down here?
I'll be down around June 1st or second. I'm hoping to get a GS bumper before then, but if I don't i'll definately take you up on that offer, thanks
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

dude, keep the car no matter what, dont let insurance companies get the upper hand on ya. Find a POS car to get you from A to B , and take the MX one step at a time. I have seen people driving their cars around with worst damage than that. My old car had similar damage, and i was lucky enoguh to find one exactly the same in a junk yard that god rear ended :D That worked out quite well, same colour too!!!!
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
ZEmadman

Post by ZEmadman »

speaking of parts car, anyone willing to take it off of my hands for MORE then $200? :lol:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”