klze w/millenia IM

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mightym0use5

klze w/millenia IM

Post by mightym0use5 »

For those running this set up - what solenoids are you using for your VRIS points? (stock or millenia) Or did you guys just bypassed the vris system?

I am asking because my vaccum system is messed up. After 3500 rpms my car won't accelerate and it becomes jerky. I think it's b/c of the lack of air. - I am not sure if I hookup my vaccuum lines correctly. If you guys could help me out and let me know which vaccuum diagram you used, or if you can post a picture of this setup so I can look at to compare it to mine. Anything would be helpfull at this point. Thanks
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

You have something else going on- nothing to do with the vris system. When I did my ZE swap I kinked a fuel line and had something similar happen. Check that your fuel filter is not clogged. I'd also check your plugs, cap and rotor.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I agree, sounds like a spark problem. I had an issue w/ my disty where after 5500 RPM, the car would spudder and die. Was a bad disty.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

to answer your question. I used the k8 solenoids. they are the same as the millenia anyways but I used my k8's since my Mille intake didn't came with anything.
If your vris system isn't working properly believe me your are loosing big power here. I dropped half a second on the quarter mile with it functionning.

do a search for vacuum diagram. I posted 2 or 3 times the schematics for them.

good luck
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
DJester187

Post by DJester187 »

just a thought, i had a simalar problem. it must've been the neutral switch cuz when mine wasn't hooked up at all (no it's just shorted, lol) i was having a big problem with that. i could be wrong, just wanted to put that out there. :dunno:
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

thanks for all the help and info, i'll look into each of those things.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”