altezza's...Just want to be perfectly clear...

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
93SOHC

altezza's...Just want to be perfectly clear...

Post by 93SOHC »

Just wanted to be sure that I need to replace all bulbs(except reverse) when putting in my black altezza's . I did a search but couldn't disern the truth. If so, are they all 1157's? I noticed on the back of the new lights they say 1156 and 1157. I want to make sure I have all bases covered before I do this as I will be filming it as a how-to for the New MX-3 DVD...
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

I can answer this as I did the replacement a few months ago.

You use the same brake and reverse lights.

you just need to get a pair of amber (yellow) 1157s for the turn signals as the factory ones are clear/white.

Dead easy to do the changeup (but be careful with the lights, they can stick when trying to pull them off)
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

1156 is single filament for brake lights/Reverse lights.
1157 is a dual filament bulb for braking+turn signals.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

THANKS AGAIN ! Luckily I have 2 amber 1157's here, so they'll be on soon. Will post some pics...
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

well they're on and lookin pretty sweet. Way more of a pain in the butt than I thought, but I love em' now that they're in. The video I made I will have to redo, cause it has way to much swearing . LOL Will post some pics in the next couple days.
MudsMX3

MX3 Lighting

Post by MudsMX3 »

It seems alot of people use the same lighting kit, is it becasue theres jsut not much out there, or becasue they are the best ? Im new to the MX3 but Im getting ready to build one, so IM looking for and and all info to help, like where to get the lights, and bulbs. Pls help me, I will be posting stock pics all the way through completion. Also looking for info on a bag system, that will raise vehicle to clear obstacles to prevent whatever kit i decide to put on from getting torn off. Any help in that area will be greatly appreciated.
Mudinyri - in NC - I know alot about car audio, but nothing about setting up a car for show. So pls help me with help you can, and I will help with audio or video questions, help me out with idea .... mudinyri2004@yahoo.com
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

As far as lighting, just go ahead and do a search in this forum with any of you questions. It is true that our aftermarket choices are limited, but you do have a few options. I don't think there is an airbag kit, so to speak, for the mx-3, but I could be wrong. I have seen ity done a few times though, so good luck and welcome to mx-3.com
MudsMX3

Post by MudsMX3 »

Hey I appreciate the quick response, Im wondering if It would be to my advantage to go with a different light assemply all togther just to mix it up a bit, like maybe Lexus fronts, Denali rears, who knows. What body kit you run on your car ?
Mudinyri - in NC - I know alot about car audio, but nothing about setting up a car for show. So pls help me with help you can, and I will help with audio or video questions, help me out with idea .... mudinyri2004@yahoo.com
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
MudsMX3

Denali Lights on a MX3

Post by MudsMX3 »

How do you think it would look ? Appreciate the link, Im not sure, but I think the Denali lights would be to long, unless maybe a flat (as opposed to a normal up and down) install. Just trying to come up with stuff thats "out of the box" ya know ?
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

custom work is always appreciated by me :D havnt seen a denali in a while but im almost certain if they were used right side up they wouldnt fit because there isnt much room between the trunk lid and where the bumper starts(height wise)
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”