RX-8 --->NOW WITH LINK

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
93-Spec-Edn

RX-8 --->NOW WITH LINK

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

Hi

After the discussion where most people gave negative reviews on the rx-8, i thought this may be a good post.

RX-8

just right click on 'click here to watch video' and download.

cheers

<small>[ December 25, 2004, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Ayaz ]</small>
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
Sam Baker

Re: RX-8 --->NOW WITH LINK

Post by Sam Baker »

yea i saw that episode too, and it made me really wanna buy one! but then i drove it at Rev It Up and found out it has no low end torque.. which means in tight corners, it's not very fast. to really have fun with it you'd have to have airport runways (like in the show) to play with it on :shrug:
92 Autozam AZ3
mxstockade

Post by mxstockade »

.......... theres the vid on Racingflix.com U gota sign up, but they got more stuff on the Rx-8 there. Rx-8
92' mx3 GS
2.5 exaust from cat back w/ xl performance muffler, sony explodes amped, 10" audiobahn sub.
http://mail.roadfly.com/mitfox/45789.jpg
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

ok found a link with a super fast server. enjoy!
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

93samzcoolcarzMX3 wrote:yea i saw that episode too, and it made me really wanna buy one! but then i drove it at Rev It Up and found out it has no low end torque.. which means in tight corners, it's not very fast. to really have fun with it you'd have to have airport runways (like in the show) to play with it on :shrug:
It's fine in tight corners as long as you drive it properly. I really like the car, it has potential to be faster than many fd3s's. Some people just don't see the beauty of a perfectly balanced rev-happy rotary. ZOOM ZOOM
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

But see why would you want a car in a road coarse that you have to rev the s--- out of it, when you can already have the power down low in the revs instead? It just seems to make sense, if you can have the power sooner why wait? Because even when you are patient and wait for the RX-8's power, it is VERY dissapointing....
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

bubbaflaat wrote:But see why would you want a car in a road coarse that you have to rev the s--- out of it, when you can already have the power down low in the revs instead? It just seems to make sense, if you can have the power sooner why wait? Because even when you are patient and wait for the RX-8's power, it is VERY dissapointing....
Yes but I have driven the rx-8 and the 350z for example which has more torque but at 5500 rpm the 350z flattens out and is boring. Also top gear said the 350z was the most boring car they have driven when they tested it. The rx-8 has a better unique sounding engine, IMO looks better, is $9000cdn cheaper and u really feel the road when driving it. This is my opinion mind u so dont flame me. When it comes to torque the corvette z06 is by far the most fun car I have driven.
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

bubbaflaat wrote:But see why would you want a car in a road coarse that you have to rev the s--- out of it, when you can already have the power down low in the revs instead? It just seems to make sense, if you can have the power sooner why wait? Because even when you are patient and wait for the RX-8's power, it is VERY dissapointing....
F1 cars don't make any power until about 15000 RPM. I think it would be a ton of fun to rev the s--- out of that! :driver:
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

F1 cars also have their engines rebuilt after every race! I don't know how you can say a RX-8 is exciting to drive. I guess I just don't like rotaries. I like power too much, and rotaries for the most part have none. And when they do, they blow up.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

bubbaflaat wrote:F1 cars also have their engines rebuilt after every race! I don't know how you can say a RX-8 is exciting to drive. I guess I just don't like rotaries. I like power too much, and rotaries for the most part have none. And when they do, they blow up.
I'm going to guess that you have never driven a decent car at speed on a race track. Balance and high end power is KEY. I drove a season in F2000's. They make all of there power within a 1100 rpm band with next to nothing in low end tourqe. So if you drive with your thumb up your a-- it's gonna be disappointing when you exit tight corners. Gutless drivers tend to like cars with tons of tourqe. Makes them feel fast when in actual fact they are slow and talentless.

Rotaries are an aquired taste. But theres no arguing the fact that they make gobs of power for their size and weight. Not to mention that their size makes it extremely easy to make a perfectly balanced car. As far as reliability goes, you can't be oblivious to how the thing works like many so called tuners are. It takes very little time to rebuild it, mostly because there aren't many moving parts. And like many motors they can be built to almost bulletproof levels. Case in point, the now banned 787B. Theres no argument about the reliability of a motor that can last 24 hours at race speeds.
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

This argument is pointless; the same level as someone trying to convert a chocolate fan to vanilla. Preference is relative. Secondly, if you're submitting that RX-8s can't compete against X,Y,Z; then you haven't read about the SPEEDSOURCE RX-8(s) aka) Grand Am Cup Champions. http://www.speedsourceinc.com/index.cfm ... ws_id=1661

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”