silverstars...suprizing!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
93SOHC

silverstars...suprizing!

Post by 93SOHC »

I got a walmart giftcard for x-mas, so I decided to use some of it and buy some new headlight bulbs. I purchaced the Sylvania Silverstars for like 36 bucks for 2. I figured I give em a shot cause anythings better than my stock ones. I put them in, gave my headlights another quick polishing and flipped them on. They seem a lot brighter and produce a clean looking white light. My conclusion: Much better than the stock 9004, but 9004's still suck and I can't wait to do the projector conversion.
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
cduBBz'915

Post by cduBBz'915 »

yea, i've heard they were pretty good bulbs. do they shine like a hyper white color?
Taras

Post by Taras »

It's all in the optics. Mx-3 definitely needs better lights.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

yeah, they shine a nice white color which is a little better than yellow... I have seen an increase in visibility, but yes the 9004 system is just sucky to begin with!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Yea I bought some from my work cause they were like $5.00! Cause the package was wrecked. But yea I was really surprized at the outcome. Much less rice looking than the really blue headlights.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

yea a buddy of mine has a 93 'scort, and threw some sliver stars in, look great. even better when he flips a switch n those blue strobes come on... lol. i want to do the civic lights, but.... not knowledged enough, or have the right tools to do it. so i might jus settle for sliver stars.
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

oh um note to everyone..I will be doing the civic lights this january, alreasy gouing to start getting things set up. They are not 100# fits..you gotta make some cuts on your ride to make them fit, I just cut them and seal them then you just go and make minimal cuts and shave a bit of the plastic bumper guard and you are set..wiing is easy and you can always switch back to the stock lights whenever you feel like.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

A buddy kept blinding me with his headlights so I asked him what the heck he was using - said Silverstars. I keep wanting to get some but can't see blowing the cash for a bit. As for the civic conversion...I think it's real creative to modify the front of the MX to accept other make headlights, but I don't think I could ever modify to accept Honda equipment, lol. Heck, I felt bad for the short stint where I had a Honda oil cap from Autozone. :P If I had the ability to do a headlight conversion, I'd do the Miata one. Stay's with Mazda and is very subtle but gives kind of a euro-style look to the front of the 3 - but to each their own.
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”