Fitting Civic Projectors (pictures)

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Neil

Fitting Civic Projectors (pictures)

Post by Neil »

Hey guys well yesterday we started fitting the 01-03 civic projectors in my MX-3 and today we started the mad scientest work.

I know others just cut the lenses but after we looked at them and tried getting them to fit there was no way we could make them fit without cutting the housing.

So instead of cutting part of the lense off the projectors we cut abit of the inside of the fender out. Its not part of the frame or actual fender so there wasnt any harm cutting it.

We got it to fit in behind the fender by doing this. But once we put the re-bar on the big white bumper thing. We had to start cutting the actual housing of the Projectors to make them fit with the re-bar/bumper thing.

As you can see we marked the bottom of the lense with a red marker were it still needs to be cut off more like Greg did with the bottom of the lense. We have actually cut it off already i just havent taken anymore pictures yet. But i'll keep adding to the post as the long weekend goes by. We're hoping to have the passenger lite fit by this upcomming Tuesday.

[ September 05, 2004, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Didlin ]
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Neil

Re: Fitting Civic Projectors (pictures)

Post by Neil »

Alright well heres a picture of how we've cut the lense and housing to make it fit.

So far from cutting the housing we've been getting a really nice fit.

The projectors are fitting really nice but we had to make another cut to a non-important part of the frame to make the projectors fit even better. Tomorrow we will put the bumber back on and start doing the finishing touches. I'll update this once i take more pictures and we work on it tomorrow.

[ September 05, 2004, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Didlin ]
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

nice keep us updated....I like it when i see pics like that..great work
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

very helpful with the pics :2thumbsup:
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I see u have a beer, handy in any work project
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

What tools did you use to cut the housing?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
lok

Post by lok »

holy.... those are really nice.... but it seems like so much work... i heard some guy just had to cut the housing to make them fit.. and u took off the front bumper too... cut the bottom part .. and cut part of the fender... Wow.. keep posting pics.. they are really cool... one more thing.. why do all ppl use 01-03 lights?.. when i see the pics.. i feel that 96-00 civic lights seem to fit better...
Neil

Post by Neil »

"I see u have a beer, handy in any work project"

Ah yea my dads boss owed me a case of beer for fixing his computer so i gave Alexander Keiths a try and i must say im impressed :) Should be more pictures tommrow when i get working at it again.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

that looks awesome bro, would be interesting to see how theyll turn out
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Yeah dood, good job! Those pics are what we need to see.

LOoking at the pictures, it looks like you had to hack off the entire bottom of the black housing & the bottom part of the lense. How did you seal it up?

Looking at how big the black plastic housing is, it looks like I'm going to have to hack the crap out of mine to get it to fit anywhere in my car. I'm willing to cut off the top corner where you cut the fender like gregory did. I just hope it doesn't build up condensation.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Neil

Post by Neil »

Alright guys heres some more pictures for you :)

:) I'll update more pictures in a few hours once we've done more work the housing and maybe bumper.

:)

[ September 06, 2004, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Didlin ]
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

Great work and nice pics ! :D
Neil

Post by Neil »

Thanks Greg :)

I also love the way the projectors look i set the 4th last picture of all the ones on this page as my background just cause i love looking at it. Cand wait until i finish them by the end of this upcommifng weekend. I'll make sure i post some more pictures when we start workin on the other light.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

damn, now I feel like taking on this task for myself. I've had my lights since april or some crazyness but these pics show me what needs to be cut.

I'm gonna try to cut the crap out of the black back-housing & trim off the top lense & take some pics. Sometime during this week probably. I got a generic dremel tool kit for 8 dollars at a grand opening of a Harbor Freight store so I can do the cutting with ease.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hey Gro if you wait until later tonight when i get home from work i'll post some picturs of were i cut the black housing and lenses. I work at 6am until 3pm so i'll try to have them up around 5-6ish. So you can have some refrence pictures. :2thumbsup:

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”