Custom Projectors (01 Civic aftermarket projector lights

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Gro Harlem

Re: Custom Projectors (01 Civic aftermarket projector lights

Post by Gro Harlem »

[quote]Originally posted by Gregory Christian:
my pics are pretty clear also.... Guess I can delete my " How To" page now

:2thumbsup:

One question for ya guys tho. On my set of projectors, the bottom of the housing the len sorta flares outward about 1.5"'s. Did you have to cut away the black plastic housing AND the lense copmletely flat so the whole housing wouldn't jam against the bumper support? I don't see how you'd fit it without shaving away a LOT of material off of the bottom, but it looks like if you did, you could still seal it and it wouldnt leak.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I dunno why ppl are whining about the gap. I don't even see any worth caring about. There is a slight bit of it on the top slope, and a really slight gap near the fender, but no one would notice unless their head was 2 feet away from it (unlikely, even at shows).

The only thing that I don't like about the look is the third, useless "signal light" that we can't really use. For ppl with bumpers with no turn signal holes, I already test-fitted the OEM bulb socket and it pops right in.

Also, the side-relfector looks out of place. Luckily, if you don't have side reflectors (I think almost all of the MX3 front ends eliminate the sidemarkers) you can just pop your 194-bulb socket into the clear reflector & pow! you have a side-reflector!

Other than that, they look a crapload better than the stock, yellowing, blurry looking "bug-eye" headlights that IMHO are the WORST LOOKING feature of the entire MX-3 exterior design.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
rdawg000

Post by rdawg000 »

The third signal light in the projector i wired to work so i have a signal in the projector and use my clear parking light as a signal too. ANd the orgianl auburn signal light i use as a parking light
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

thats one of best mods for mx3, can you make some for me???
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
luis castro

Post by luis castro »

honestly, i like the gt styling cover idea. it sounds like it would end up looking clean. nice mod and pics tho. props to all who have gone this way. after all, custom is what it's all about.
save a lung, smoke a honda.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”