MP5 front + Miata headlights? : to Oscar

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
advantiracing

MP5 front + Miata headlights? : to Oscar

Post by advantiracing »

hey, i recently bought the MP5 body kit, which was a big pain in the *** to install and i noticed that there is quite a bit of space left under the bottom of the headlight to the bumper. Was this done on purpose by u to make room for a miata headlight? :welder:
K8- MP5 kit Midnight Black -

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/560405
Taras

Re: MP5 front + Miata headlights? : to Oscar

Post by Taras »

I thought the Miata headlights were not as tall as ours.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

Originally posted by advantiracing:
hey, i recently bought the MP5 body kit, which was a big pain in the *** to install and i noticed that there is quite a bit of space left under the bottom of the headlight to the bumper. Was this done on purpose by u to make room for a miata headlight? :welder:
I have the MP5 front ...maybe that is why my custom projectors were not too hard to fit ...being with the extra gap ?
GuidoBiRiChiNo

Post by GuidoBiRiChiNo »

Gregory in your pics with stock headlights it doesn't look like there's much gap.. do you still have your stock bumper to make a try?
-italian lonely MX'er-
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Originally posted by GuidoBiRiChiNo:
Gregory in your pics with stock headlights it doesn't look like there's much gap.. do you still have your stock bumper to make a try?
no, I sold it to koreanmx-er, and my projector lights are a custom fit to my mp5 bumper and I don't know if they will fit on other kits or the stock bumper without more modifying :shrug:
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

That was the first time I've seen your car and WOW! Those projectors rock! Did you design them yourself, or is there some sort of a kit for them?
That's really tight!
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Originally posted by Nallboy:
That was the first time I've seen your car and WOW! Those projectors rock! Did you design them yourself, or is there some sort of a kit for them?
That's really tight!
thanks , and they are custom fit from a 2001 Honda Civic...NO kit! ;)
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

hmmm...nice. Did they take alot of modification to install? I hate my plastic lenses. I have to polish them twice a month just to keep them looking ok.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”