7" LCD screens

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Devlin

7" LCD screens

Post by Devlin »

For those of you who were at the last meet and saw the 7" LCD screen I brought and are interested in getting one, let me know (post here or PM) by end of day Monday and I can have them for this coming meet.
For those who didn't see and even just want a demo, also let me know.

Here are the specs...
7" widescreen (about 1/2" thick or so)
12VDC @ 900mA (10.8 watt power drain)

One SVGA input supporting from 640x480 to 1028x768 (and yes, you can actually read words at that high of a resolution)
Two RCA inputs @ normal video quality.
(meaning you can have a laptop/carPC connected, then switch to an XBox then DVD player by the press of a button)

Let me know anytime and I'll bring some out whenever possible.
AKA Deimos
Typhoonk

Re: 7" LCD screens

Post by Typhoonk »

how much ? cause I might be interested in a month or two
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
bluebullet

Post by bluebullet »

is it just a screen or does it pop out n stuff
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

$335, and no its not motorized. The benefit over the others is the extreemly high resolution in the SVGA input. If you're not planning to use a laptop or PC with the screen, there's not much point in paying the extra for something you're not using (unless you're using two devices and want it for the dual RCA inputs).
AKA Deimos
seneca

Post by seneca »

This is a dumb question but You can hook a PS2 or DVD up to it, right?
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

Ya, you can actually hook a PS2 AND DVD at the same time (there's a button at the front to switch between the two).
Anything that has an RCA output can be plugged into it, just like a TV.
AKA Deimos
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

what brand are these? and please dont say Lilliput. If so, I hate to say, they are junk. I personally have one of these and the touchscreen on mine went out after a month, was probably used 4x in that period of time. Im also on mp3 car.com as I have a carPC built for my GS. the screen resolution is awsome I have to say. If you want to get a 7" VGA LCD, get a xenarc. little pricey, but worth every penny.
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

There's no touch screen that comes with them, so none to break down, and honestly I'm not sure of the brand name because the box only says 7" TFT LCD Monitor. But we've been using them with our camera security systems for about a year now and none have broken down.
I'll bring another couple to the meet on Wednesday if people want to see it for themselves.
(And I was going to buy one from the carPC website too, but these are almost half the price for the same resolution and more inputs)
AKA Deimos
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Just to say, we plugged them into my carpc at the meet and i still can't belive you can read 8pt font on a 7" lcd
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

Since there were to takers yet except chris (who bought my own cuz he couldn't wait), just PM or email me whenever anybody's interested, and i'll make sure I have it with me at the meet. Otherwise i'll assume i don't need to carry one.
AKA Deimos
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

One last addition to this thread....I was at our suppliers today, and saw that they now have the exact same screen (which is a Mobile Media Product JPP-740VT by the way) now with touch screen! 7" LCD with VGA & 2 RCA inputs with touch screen is $350. I picked one up immediately and am testing it at home and it's actually quite precice on such a small screen...but for those with stubby fingers, a PDA stylus pen works just as well.
AKA Deimos
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

can u bring the new one with u to the meet tongiht if u are coming so i can check it out hahah Chris is gonna be mad now that u got the touch screen one lol :laugh:
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Is the touchscreen serial or USB?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I have to ask...
Did you happen to get Jeffs permission before selling on this site?
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

hes not really selling on this site....he is just informing the rest of us that meet up every week of new prices on the stuff that he can get.....no offense or anything but this kinda bugs me...at the first mention of anyone selling something they are all asked if they got permission, i understand this if it is something that they are making money buy using the site to sell their own product....like i agree someone like marshmallow having to get permission but not someone like deimos....sorry i dont mean any disrespect...

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”